Cheap Shocks for trailing?

Danbob

Mar 12, 2016
I need some recommendations on cheap shocks that are great for trail riding and where I wont have to do any drilling and what not. Just some that I can bolt onto the stock blaster shocks. I've been looking into the raptor 660 fronts but not sure how they feel or I can go with the banshee but they are little on the expensive side.

The raptor 660 shocks would be like 15.5'' long or around there. That would be way to long to fit on stock a-arms! I've never ridden on them, but people think that the banshee shocks are small but noticeable upgrade over your stock shocks.

It all really just depends on what you're willing to dish out. I would honestly recommend finding a set of used Works shocks from a blaster or banshee to throw on.

Most importantly, do NOT get those cheap $100 shocks from eBay.

Works are alittle to much. How much do they go for used on average? Im just looking for something that bolts on with no cutting or drilling. Something thats in the $200 to $300 range for fronts and rear (if thats possible)

Honda 400ex rear shock is a good upgrade for the rear . Usually around $50-$60 in good shape on ebay . For the front look for some fox shocks of an arctic cat sled that are 14.5in. . They can be rebuilt and valved to your weight . Usually go for $75-150 a pair . I'll look for some for you and post some links . I have a set on my blaster...rides great so much better than stock .

Get works used for banshee, warrior or blaster make sure there not long travel u can get them for about 150 - 200 on eBay and get a 400ex rear shock then go on kenoconnorracings website and get the conversion bushings with bolt for rear http://www.ebay.com/itm/works-dual-...=item3f61c8fd31:g:yFoAAOSw~oFXHkXv&vxp=mtrBid on these don't go past 250 and a 400 shock is like 30 + 20 bushings = 50. And look around on eBay too everyday great deals come up

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1093
IIRC mid 90s sno pro 440 is basically what you're looking for. Sometimes you get lucky and find something on CL. My son got a set of works for his Banshee for $100

Also if you go to the Works web site they list dimensions of every shock made. Might find something else close. Almost bought a set for Suzuki (IIRC) that were a hair shorter. Little bit late.

Good shocks will be the best investment you'll make !!

Thanks guy for all your help. 98blaster can you pm me, I dont have the option to send you a message.

Fox Podium from older Artic Cat snowmobiles. I've got a pair from a pre millennium Thundercat. For trail riding they'll work much better than stock ones.