Ceramic coating

Markblaster

Custom blaster
Dec 6, 2015
Hi all. Has any one ceramic coated there exhaust? FMF fatty Gold Series.

Looking into coating it and wasn't to use if Ceramic coat or power coat or spray with high temp paint. All 3 I can easily get done.

Whats your ideas.

DSCN3874_zpsulvddo6g.jpg

Dyno Port pipes offers ceramic coating.
That would be the most durable

Reactions: Markblaster
Was having a look on google about it and some people say you can loss performace doing it. This true or not?

from one of Dyno Ports websites..... http://www.madscientistcoating.com/

Why MAD SCIENTIST?
- We're an industry leader in ceramic coating!
- We use world class CermaKrome™ Ceramics
- We use state of the art Grieve Bake Ovens
- We use Keyhole Header Polishers
- All work is performed on site giving us total control over the quality and offering you extremely fast turnarounds

The MAD SCIENTIST Advantage:
- SHOW QUALITY FINISH
- RETAINS HEAT
- ADDS H.P.
- QUICK TURNAROUND

from the ATV/Dirtbike section:
Our ceramic coating process offers a long lasting layer of protection to your cycle and quad parts while adding a beautiful finish that will will truly compliment your machine. You will also enjoy the benefits of heat retention and added power that ceramic coating provides.

Reactions: Markblaster
Ceramic coating is the best when it comes to durability and heat insulation, though it is pricey.

Emailed to get a cost on ceramic coating the exhaust. Let you know the cost.

Any one know what temps the exhaust can get to?

Last edited:
You would be looking at $250-300 incl gst to coat the expansion chamber and the pipe. Thats $183 - $220 USD :eek:

Any update on this? When I bought my Dyno Port I skipped on the coating. Mistake I think... Its really really hard to maintain it. Should have spent the extra $75 i think to have them coat it.

No updates. Did strip the muffler and gave is a good clean and it come up nice. The Header I haven't tried to clean it yet.

search
just get some high heat paint
i painted my exhaust with Rustoluem high heat paint. the stuff with grill on the label.
it was about 6 bucks for the can. Had extra paint to spare in the one can i used.
I painted it on the stock expansion chamber and muffler. with a little cleaning of the rust of ( not all, not even close to all) and laccer thinner.
For the couple of months i had it when it was painted it never rusted at all. ( it was under tarp outside)

search
just get some high heat paint
i painted my exhaust with Rustoluem high heat paint. the stuff with grill on the label.
it was about 6 bucks for the can. Had extra paint to spare in the one can i used.
I painted it on the stock expansion chamber and muffler. with a little cleaning of the rust of ( not all, not even close to all) and laccer thinner.
For the couple of months i had it when it was painted it never rusted at all. ( it was under tarp outside)

Now while I like your idea! I dont think that is a n option for a basically brand new $400 pipe... lol