CD Player Won't Load Disk

xKroniK13x

THEN WE ALL BLOW UP!
Sep 4, 2009
Hey guys, my CD player in my car broke today. The CD barely ejected from it, and now it won't suck the disk in. I didn't know if anyone else had a similar problem and knew an easy fix for it. A replacement player for it is well over $100, which I don't have like at all, lol. It's a 2008 ford escape with a single disk player, if that matters!

I've tried angling the disks at all different angles trying to get it to grip, but it won't. You can hear it's little wheels or whatever spinning, it just doesn't grab. :(

Any suggestions, let me know! Thanks! I:II:I

my ford CD player in my tuck just did this same exact thing a few days ago, the only reason i even tried the cd player again was my ipod wire had broken, and i hate listening to 35 minutes of commercials for every hour of music on the radio, new ipod wire fixed that !
you may be able to try spraying some CRC electrical contact cleaner in there to see if the wheels are just gunked up ? have you been spraying armor all around that area ?? that may have gotten into and on those wheels ?
but i'd say your either into $ to repair/adjust that unit, or $ for a new unit

have you tried the junk yards for a used factory unit ?

here's one on ebay for only $49 shipped..............
08-10 FORD FOCUS AM/FM RADIO CD STEREO AUDIO PLAYER 9S4T19C157AH | eBay

and i know you said $ are tight, but i see a few factory 6 disc changers for around $145

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try cleaning it out today, there is some dust in that area. I also read online that you can hold the eject button and power button for like a minute and it will reset the whole thing. I'll try these, trying everything I can to avoid buying anything! Thanks guys.

here's your other option, cheap !
i know you have to have an ipod/zune or music capable phone..............

ipod transmitter | eBay

here's your other option, cheap !
i know you have to have an ipod/zune or music capable phone..............

ipod transmitter | eBay

It has an auxilary in port that still works, it's just a pain going down the road and searching through the music on my Zune, haha. But I'll probably end up just doing that...

Anyone know anything about these bad boys?
NEW 6 DVD GPS NAVIGATION CAR STEREO TOUCH SCREEN DOUBLE DIN | eBay

Cheaper than stock and looks better. I know it's chinese, but I've bought other ripoff chinese electronics with good success before... I mean, everything is made there anyway.

i can get a new dash kit that fits doubledin for about $20, so for $100 I'd have a new CD player, with GPS and DVD, compared to $120 for a used cd player for my car.