Carrier bearing & Seals

Markblaster

Custom blaster
Dec 6, 2015
Hi all just getting bits ready for the carrier rebuild and seen that the 2 seals are different but the bearings are the same. Service manual hasn't got much info about this. From the diagram below it looks like the thicker seal goes on the brake side?

From what I can see one seal is a little thinner.

20170128_181055.jpg

20170128_181116.jpg

Also is this Part 90387-561U7-00 COLLAR needed in a 2003 Blaster? Or is it already press fitted? I never removed one.

image.jpg

Is it the part I made green?

20170128_183201.jpg

Thanks

Thinner seal on drivers side, thicker seal on pass/brake side. Looks like the collar is pressed in already where you marked it green. Basically all you need is to install one bearing, make sure to put the long spacer tube in before setting the next side bearing. Then seals. Good to go. It is a good idea to get a grease zerk/fitting and drill and tap it into the center of the carrier. Drill half a dozen holes in the long spacer tube and you can add grease whenever you want without removing the whole assembly.

Reactions: speedyslyder
Drivers and pass sides are different over here in New Zealand. :) Driver side is on the left.

Already got the spacer drilled and the zerk fitting installed.

If that's the case then I hope your girlfriend is right handed!!! lmao Sitting in a US vehicle drivers side is on the left. Pass side on the right. I think you know what I meant.

Reactions: Markblaster