Carburetor filling with 2 stroke oil

Nightman

May 19, 2013
Minnesota
2003 Blaster, My oil tank slowly leaks into the carb. This in turn fills the bowl with 2 stroke oil, and lets oil and gasoline run into my airbox and the motor through the reeds.

I know alot of you are going to say ditch the injection system, but I love the oil injection. I really don't want to premix.

I am using amsoil interceptor 2 stroke oil. I know that a full synthetic will flow easier than conventional. Is that all there is to it? I have to use conventional to get it to stop?

I'm not sure on this one. I'm assuming you mean this is happening when its off. Could be a faulty pump I guess. The oil cannot be pumping unless the motor is turning. The oil line does go into the clutch cover and back to the carb, rather than directly to the carb, correct? I wouldn't think the type of oil would make much difference as long as it is designated for injection. There are many that will tell u to ditch the injection, but also many who will not, I'm sure we will be able to help you get to the bottom of this

To me it sounds like you ran the oil line strait from the tank right to the carb. Other wise there would be no way for oil to get into the carb coming from the pump on the right side clutch cover. The pump is hooked up correct? Also leaving the oil injection system is perfectly fine. Many of us have different reasons why we have removed them some haven't..

I for one will urge you to keep the oil injection system, it is designed to supply the correct amount of oil for a 200cc engine.

I have never used Amsoil in the tank, but I can see no reason other than those stated why the oil should be flowing.

My oil line goes from the reserve tank to the oil pump on the clutch side of the motor. It then leaves the oil pump in a smaller line and goes to the clutch side of the carb to a barbed fitting. It is hooked up correctly.

What happens is it seems to bleed from the reserve tank, through the pump, into the carb. It then fills up the float bowl with 2 stroke oil. This does not happen in a matter of a couple of hours. It probably takes a week or 2. It makes for very hard starting, even when I flush the bowl out.

My fear is that the viscosity of the oil is not suitable for use, Interceptor is a very free flowing oil.

If memory serves me right, ( correct me if I am wrong ) is place on the market is for use in Snowmobiles.

It is a long time since I had an injector pump apart, if there is a check valve in it, it could be seeping oil.

If there is a check valve I would think it would be to keep the oil from flowing back to pump, (presurized lines)(I know that is what they do on Artic cat snomo, cause the bean oil we left in system over winter fugged them right up)

Is the full line/mark of the tank that much higher than the carb? I don't know, as I deleted pump because I thought piston seize was from to thick of oil during extreme cold (0*f), come to find out, it was actually from "over cooling" the cylinder. So................ if you want to ride the ice for much more than a doenut or two, duct tape a piece of cardboard in front of the cyl/head to avoid a "four corner" seize. The wind chill at 0* in 6th gear is hella cold. O, btw, gotta jet for the cold