Carb setting help!!

Cherokee

Jan 13, 2018
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hello, looking for some carb setting help. My current setup is FMF fatty pipe, no airbox lid. The carb on the quad looks like a chinese knock off so i am putting the stock carb back on with an idle screw and a new carb kit. What jetting should I be running? Needle height? and Air/fuel mixture screw? any help would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance.

u need to do plug chops or checks do u know how to read plugs? start high like a 300 main 3rd clip on needle....a 290 and 3rd or 4th clip on needle or 300 should get u close but u need to read plugs....idle air should be 1 1/2 that controls the idle mixture only the needle clip and main jet control 3/4 to full throttle

Start here...

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pi;]lot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small

Reactions: Cherokee