Carb question

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx anyways, i decided to buy a KEIHIN PWK 28MM brand new for 119.00 to my door. Pretty sure this will bolt up. I just hope i can figure out the cable i need to hook up the twist throttle. I am new to the blaster but have done several 2 stroke rebuilds in the past. So far i like this forum, i been reading alot and learning. Thanx all!!

Damn, where did you get a new PWK28 for only 119 shipped?

You will need a new throttle cable for twist throttle to Keihin (or thumb to Keihin). Motion pro makes one. I think I got mine from Vito's off of ebay. The 28 will fit the stock carb boot, but will bump into the clutch arm. I run mine turned just a bit and it is fine, but a reed spacer would be nice. You will have to mod the air filter tube.

Bought it off e-bay for 119 bux shipping included. The guy i bought it from has more listed brand new in box. You know what kind of air filter tube mod will need to be done? Tore the top end apart this morning and ordered a new piston and glad i did because it was starting to slap a bit and still had decent compression of 115. Thanx for the heads up on the carb.

There are fancier and probably better ways to do it, but I just got a rubber pipe coupler with clamps from the plumbing store (forget what size it was but just take the carb with you). I connected the coupler to the rear of the carb and then decided how much airbox tube to cutoff. Luckily they are very similar size at this point. Then I trimmed the ridges off the outside of the tube so that it sealed nicely inside the coupler. You could probably glue the two together permanently but I like how easy it comes off this way. I also had to trim off the rubber hanger loop off the top of the tube.