Carb leaking

Tavmonsta58

May 15, 2017
Hello all, I have a 2001 blaster that's leaking gas out of overflow. Seems to fill up with gas while riding and cause an over rich mixture and causes me to bog on the top end of the throttle. The float does not fill up with gas but where the tab connects with the plastic, has a bit of a crack/missing piece of plastic next to where it mounts, very small, I will upload a picture later. As I said I shake it and I don't hear gas but could a little piece missing next to where the metal mounts to the plastic cause the float to not work/float properly? It still floats but I'm thinking it could be what's wrong, messing up the way it flows maybe. Got a carb rebuild kit and it didn't do nothing, float is set to 21.5mm for a 28 mm carb which is supposed to be at 22mm so I know something is up since I'm still leaking. After rebuild kit, all I'm left with is the float. Any info on it would be appreciated

Did you clean out where the the seat for the float valve is? If its crusty and not seating properly, a correct float height will still leak gas through.

A pic will help more though :)

submerge the floats in water
get a bowl/ cup/ bucket whatever
are there any bubble's?
i don't think carb rebuild kits come with floats
shaking a plastic float prob wont tell you crap,not that i have experience shaking lol
take it off and drown it in water just for haha's:D
you could try this as well you dont need a air compressor your mouth and a line could work as well :eek:
search and destroy some videos about this here is only 2 of them...lol

Last edited:
also make sure the drain screw on bottom of float bowl/carb is sealing properly
all of the carbs tiny drain screws they put on get the heads stripped out and people cannot
loosen or tighten them easily which will also cause it to leak fuel...