Can You Use A Electric Sander ?

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi looking to see if you can sand the plastics down with a electric sander just my plastics are badly scratched and going to be painting them.

thanks

It's to risky to do it like that. It's very easy to build to much heat and really mess your plastics up. It can do done like that but only by someone that really knows what they are doing with a sander.

Eh, electric sanders like orbital ones or hand held move pretty quick. I tried it on my plastics on the lowest setting and it still produced enough heat with friction to leave some good swirls in it. I ended up just doing it by hand. If you try it, let us know Your results.

Yeah just do it by hand. You don't need to sand much at all if your going to clear coat it. I used 440 grit sandpaper on my gas tank cover to get the deep scratches out. After that I cleaned it and sprayed 2 coats of clear coat on it. Looks brand new!

I never tryied it but I wonder how well it would do if you used the same compounds and steps that you used to polish aluminum .

Thanks Guys :) i will do it by hand :) the front plastics and tank aren't too bad just the rear one is pretty bad but thinking about painting them white with a red frame or get my silver one redone or do the plastics black with a red frame but not too sure yet lol just can't stick seeing blue all the time! lol

cool demon :) will add pictures of progress and finishing of them :) it says on this listing that the paint doesn't require primer is this correct?

thanks