bull gap???

IHATEU

Mar 25, 2009
Holly, MI
well my GF and i are thinking making our first trip to bull gap in the near future, i really don't know what to expect or what i should bring. I'm not planning on going to the hill just the trails. can enyone who has been there give any tips, is the DNR out there checking noise levels, any info helps thanks.

http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/Bull_Gap_Trail.pdf if you look t the map we are planning on going from the top right trail head, which is Mickinly, over Mio, on the left and back. its 32 miles one way but we can ride to the Mio gas station and top off the tanks before heading back. has anyone ridden this trail?

i dont ride the trails to much they seem to be rough....the hill is a lot of fun though..there used to be a lot of side trails goin all over that area but they shut them down

ive never been there before either.. we've thought about making the extra trip after a dunes run but never committed to it..
is there sand like SL or more like wooded trails area?

it has one Sand hill that people run up, but i heard that it's really been worn down over the years and it is nothing like hills at Sl.

its a lot more wooded and the hill is whooped out at the bottom but it is fun..not as steep as test but id say just as long and normally looser sand

to the people that ride the hills or anywhere in that area how is the DNR with loud pipes? i know mine is way louder than 94 dbs but every where i go they are pretty lenient.

they've never seemed to care too much about noise levels.. as long as the pipe's in one piece and you have a spark arrestor then they generally leave you alone..

The side trails are different... Bull Gap is a 1 way trail now, and you have to make a long trail ride back to the bottom... There are 2 ways to go one is 50+ inches, and the other way is for under 50 inches. It sucks

well I'm going some time this week end, not sure what day yet though and we are going to stick mostly to a trail that runs from McKinley to Mio, but it would be cool to get a bunch of guys up there some time.