Brute's rebuild(s)

Here's a pick of what will be chopped off and redone:

1210101232-Copy.jpg

Since I will be making a tube bender, i will be able to redo the arms as I see fit to maximize width and travel while maintaining ideal geometry. I gotta pick up some reading material however so i can run some numbers and come up with the needed specs. The arm mounts will be my specified dimensions and will no longer be based off the YFZ 450. This will take a little while so be patient with me ;)

alright, almost got all my RC stuff going for racing and i will be back concentrating on this for the next couple months. I still have to make the tube bender (top of my list) and get a specific book for some reference equations. So grab a beer (if you are of age of course) and keep an eye on this one ;)

Did some cutting and a little bit more mock up today. Lower mounts will be 3" hole to hole, because of the way I am doing it the frame will be 4" longer in the front, and with a +4" swinger I should have a 49"~50" wheelbase.

Pics!!

0204112133.jpg

0204112133a.jpg

0204112135.jpg

0204112147.jpg

0204112149.jpg

0204112150.jpg

just ordered my lipo's for my RC truck so its game time for this build!!

Gonna start working on Blaster 2.0 (new project name?!?!) and get at least the front end up in CAD. I need to play around with the shock mounts to get the shocks working like i want with the YFZ arms. From there I will design a set of arms that will get me to the 50" width, shock change might be required but i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

Ordered a starting piece for the swing arm! Ordered one of the JJ and A Racing bearing carriers so i can start building the swing arm. Frame will come shortly after the swing arm because i will be building the tube bender with the swinger. I will get some pics up when it gets in!

BRAINS!!!! Im bringin this thread back to life!!!

Long story short, spring came, got a girlfriend, airsoft started and started paintball. Almost done building my most recent airsoft gun and then I need a better marker for tourny speedball.

Basically I just put this build on hold, I've still been scheming things even though I havent done much for actual work on it. As soon as I get a new marker its build on! I haven't given up yet ;)