Bought a New Toy!

justinehr18

My journey was short. While I had fun riding the Blaster for the short time I had it, it was time for something different. I ride with people that have big 4x4 utility atvs and I just couldn't keep up where we were riding. When we'd get on the flat open trails, they couldn't keep up. Not having electric start and reverse was another thing I missed. We converted it to mixing gas to make it more reliable and that was pretty annoying. The ride was really rough, and when cruising down the trails, when I had my gps on, it sounded like pretty much anything over 30 mph, the engine was working too hard so the bigger dogs would drive away from me pretty fast. Going on the trails that have large grooves, big rocks and water like we find a lot up north, I just couldn't find any fun in riding. It was more like work just to get to where I was going.

So for the last two months, I have been searching Craigslist and found my next four wheeler. I am a born Polaris fan, and I have gone back. I traded my Polaris RMK for a Ski-Doo Rev, and bought a Yamaha Blaster in the last year. My whole family owns Polaris' and I now owned a Yamaha and a Ski-Doo. While I will be riding the Doo for a while, I will now be on a 2006 Polaris Outlaw when I'm not on my Doo. I got it for what I think was a pretty good deal as there is only one 2006 500 on Craigslist in the entire state now. It has independant rear suspension which rides awesome, and now has way more ground clearance than the Blaster. Compared to the little 200 Blaster engine, the 500 liquid cooled engine pulls... hard. I'm very happy to have it, reverse and electric start is super nice again. The Blaster is now for sale on Craigslist. I'm sad that I won't be able to chat about my Blaster with this amazing forum that has really great people, but I'll still be hanging around now and then.

It's really clean for what it was built for. I'll be pulling off the bumpers and repainting them, and I already have my GPS on the bars, and I'll be painting my white handguards from the Blaster black and I'll be putting them on, otherwise it'll be staying stock.

20130620_165448_zps60af996d.jpg

20130621_170151_zpse4757de2.jpg

I haven't gotten to ride it hard yet, just got it Thursday and have only been able to ride it up and down our tar road here in town and on my grandparent's 3 acre lot out of town, but I like it a lot so far.

We're planning on going up north in a few weeks so I'll be able to put it to the test up there! The rear tires are getting worn down, it should be good for the rest of the year, but the tires on the back will not make it handle well at all in the corners.

Basically the same quad as mine, only you have IRS.. let me know what they handle like with the IRS as I am very curious... you'll enjoy the power! ;)

ewwwww, polaris. LOL!

really though, it looks like a nice machine. how the independent suspension for cornering?

my buddy is going to look at one in a few days, maybe ill get to test ride it haha.

My biggest advice would be don't take the test ride! .. heres 2 reasons not to! ..

1. You'll end up selling your nice little TOY to get one ;)
2. We don't want to see a video of you recking due to not being able to handle the power .. :p

Hahaha, On a serious note, if you get a test ride you will enjoy it.. Polaris are seem to get ALOT of hate, yet they hang with any other sport quad infact pass ALOT of them, come with better standard setup such as FOX podium shocks.. oh and for half the price? come on.. it's ALMOST to good to be true! I:I

My biggest advice would be don't take the test ride! .. heres 2 reasons not to! ..

1. You'll end up selling your nice little TOY to get one ;)
2. We don't want to see a video of you recking due to not being able to handle the power .. :p

Hahaha, On a serious note, if you get a test ride you will enjoy it.. Polaris are seem to get ALOT of hate, yet they hang with any other sport quad infact pass ALOT of them, come with better standard setup such as FOX podium shocks.. oh and for half the price? come on.. it's ALMOST to good to be true! I:I

The Polaris sleds have a bad reputation in my family which is why I stay clear of them completely haha.