BONE STOCK!!!

fmxr47

Mar 4, 2008
www.myspace.com
my blaster is bone stock and it is a 2000, i has a random stalling problem and high idle, it stalls after running like it was new for about 20 minutes and just will bogg down and die, i am going to fix that this weekend, after i fix those problems i would like to start doing some cheaper end performance mods. what should i do?,, i was wondering if i should get reeds or the whole cage from v-force3, and is there a cheap pipe out there or a pipe mod i can do till i save up money?, and if i jet now will i have to rejet when i get a 240 kit, i have my mind made up that in a year or so im gonna get a 240 kit and have it port & polished by a local hotrod shop. any suggestions are appreciated on performance or the high idle ans stalling.

I'd wait til i bought the 240 kit to rejet it.

i would advance the timing by 4 degree's i think they have instructions on here for that.

you could buy the boyeson pro series dual stage reeds.
they make it jump into the power band faster and stay in it longer.

the v force is good but i like boyeson better, i would buy the rad valve from boyeson when i did the 240.

you can get a 1 up front sprocket for even more top end, they run around $15.00-$20.00

the boyeson pro series, dual stage reeds (part number pro-85) will absolutely scare ya.

thx for the reply, so just replacing the reeds is almost as good as a cage?, and since i do a lot of mx style tracks should i get the low tension rather than the high tension so i couls rip out of the turns faster, cause couldnt i make up for the top end in gearing?, i havent modded two strokes too much, my yz125 was already a race bike when i got it so i just maintained it.

i agree make sure you have good shocks under you before making it insanely fast. what good is speed if you cant stay on the bike!