bogging in first gear

ina

Aug 18, 2017
My 2004 blaster bogs when i idle aolong in first and then punch it.Ive tried cleaning the carb and the air filter but it doesnt seem to help. When i run with the air filter off it runs fine. I think its getting a little too much fuel. How do i adjust that?

Check compression, spark plug,
pilot air screw position/adjustment.?
Take off/apart carb and clean and blow out with compressed air methodically..check sizes of pilot and main . Check float height and needle position.. compare to manual , be sure all parts are present including the washer under the main jet.

I have reset the air screw and cleaned the carb but I havent got the nerve up to start messing around with the carb a lot

I am willing to help any way I can but u need to get urself a Clymers manual and watch a few videos on YouTube to get urself comfortable with the idea of doing ur own work. Most two stroke carbs are relatively simple and very much alike. This particular one having oil injection and tors makes it a bit different but simple none the less.

It does make sense that if by allowing more air in makes it run better that it is getting too much fuel, though there are many other possibilities. My best guess would be to check float height and fuel needle valve. That involves disassembly of the carb. Exactly what do you mean by u cleaned the carb? The outside of it ?

I have reset the air screw and cleaned the carb but I havent got the nerve up to start messing around with the carb a lot

the work is in the float chamber
even if you broke every part in there you are only out what? $30 bucks lol get after it
carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1 (1).jpg

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pi;]lot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small