Body and Frame replacements

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
I thought I was through with the Blaster re-work. But it turns out Im not .After 5 outings 2 problems resurfaced...:eek:
The bodywork was Blue and was beat up pretty bad so I painted it. Painting and repairing cracked plastic did not work out , it peeled off and cracked again. The frame had 1 crack on the cross -bar near the coil, I had a frame expert repair it . Now it has cracked again, near the same place . Re -welded it again to use for the summer.
So instead, I decided to replace the parts instead of repair again. I made a few calls and got what I needed . The frame and plastics are like new take -offs. They came from a 2004 Red and White Blaster . I ordered the graphics kit on line since Yamaha wanted over $200. The skin is a very thick clear coated 3m product . I changed it a little and installed it. Ready to do Blaster reloaded again soon.:D

Body and Frame 004.JPG Body and Frame 005.JPG Body and Frame 007.JPG Body and Frame 008.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like some good stuff!

Whats your plan with the brakes? you had old style now new.

new carrier with stock 03+ ?
Not old style, my Blaster is an 04 with new style hydros . (I did get some parts to fix a friends 2000 Blaster last week , he has drum brakes. )