Blaster water pump

Michaelmch92

Apr 8, 2017
Leeds al
Is there not a Yamaha out there that uses the oil bump like on the blaster as a water pump? I have done the oil block of previously but isnt the oil pump cover actually a water pump cover on most bikes thuse the inlet and outlet hole on the earlier model covers? I would like too use it as my pump instead of aelectric pump, I'm still trying too figure out witch water cooled head will be the best call for me obviously a dt200 would be the best but they are hard too find and expensive when you do,but there are several other water cooled mid 80s jugs that will work on a blaster like a rd125lc with ypvs or a ysr50 jug, there is also a couple more does anyone have any experience with this???

Only the DT200 has the same bolt pattern that I know of. You cannot use just the head.
Here is my son's DT200 conversion:
10537120_10152565385665803_4006090999319035637_n.jpg

Reactions: Michaelmch92
Is there not a Yamaha out there that uses the oil bump like on the blaster as a water pump? I have done the oil block of previously but isnt the oil pump cover actually a water pump cover on most bikes thuse the inlet and outlet hole on the earlier model covers? I would like too use it as my pump instead of aelectric pump, I'm still trying too figure out witch water cooled head will be the best call for me obviously a dt200 would be the best but they are hard too find and expensive when you do,but there are several other water cooled mid 80s jugs that will work on a blaster like a rd125lc with ypvs or a ysr50 jug, there is also a couple more does anyone have any experience with this???
The dt200 pump cover etc is the only thing I have seen. ...... My brother rubbersalt and I have been knocking around the idea of making reproduction units w a water cooled topend kit....