Blaster struggles till in the band

stokey17

May 31, 2012
Great Britain
Hello all I have a 2000 model blaster that runs really well in the band however when in the bottom end it has no go and it splutters a bit till revs come up. Ive checked for air leaks, replaced all gaskets and put a new twin air filter in. What I did notice was when I took the air box off and had no filtration it went really well . Like its not getting enough air. So I have been tweaking the air screw and its made a little difference but no where near as good as having no filtration. The carb did have a clean roughly 3 months back. Any suggestions

Is the float level set too high?

Is fuel spilling from the carby?

Float level should 20 to 21.5mm on a stock carby.

7580-user5502-pic7361-1341402759.jpg

7362-float-tang.jpg

Adjust the idle.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle

Reactions: blasterfreek30
The bike is standard and so is the carb. All I have changed is the air filter for the twin air one to try and increase air flow. But It was doing it before I changed the filter. Iget i little dribble from the carb but hardly anything at all probs not even a millilitre. Thanks for ideas and help. I will have a look at it tommorrow and let you all know.

The bike is standard and so is the carb. All I have changed is the air filter for the twin air one to try and increase air flow. But It was doing it before I changed the filter. Iget i little dribble from the carb but hardly anything at all probs not even a millilitre. Thanks for ideas and help. I will have a look at it tommorrow and let you all know.

A little dribble tells me that either the float is set incorrectly or the needle and seat has a problem.

Do you know what main jet is in there and the position of the clip on the needle, it may help to know your elevation and ambient temperature, as they can affect the jetting.

It has a 230 jet in there, cleaned out today and it performs much better but still a little hesitant. I adjusted the air screw but it wasnt 2 turns out it was 4 turns out to get too run at its best. When I have a bit more time I will disconnect the tors and see if that makes any difference.

If the float level is correct and the needle and float is clean and shutting off the fuel, try adjusting the idle it may correct the problem.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .