Blaster quit running

Blaster45764

Apr 16, 2017
First I would like to thank everyone here, you have helped me more than you know. So now I have joined the group with this question. I have a 98 blaster that up till an hour ago was fine. I added a fmf gold fatty pipe but that's been the only real change. Yesterday it ran great till it ran empty of fuel, I parked it refilled it this morning, it started and ran, sounded good for the 5 mins it ran. I have fuel and spark but it won't start now. I'm Not a mechanic, so not sure where to look first. Can changing the pipe mess up the jets to where it won't start? And the plugs spark seems dim orange in color could that be a fouled plug even though it sparks? Any advise is appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you did not jet for the FMF I fear I may have bad news.

Look up the exhaust port for signs of piston damage...

Sorry it's been awhile since you sent your question. I work out of town alot. Anyways I did as you said and checked things out. ( Mind you I'm not sure what I was looking for) but there was some small scratches on the Piston, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. I also pulled the plug and held a flashlight through the plug hole and didn't see any light. I'm guessing that's good? I don't know what to do next but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The ignition cdi is weak the spark should be bright blue, or coil output is failing < most probable cause get a new plug and properly ground it to the chassis kick the engine through , good a blue spark is the proper result