Blaster Problems

titomc24

Nov 12, 2010
Derby,CT
Hey guys just need some help I have a 2001 blaster and i just finish putting a new piston in 0.20 and bore it out but now when i start it i ge popping sound (back firing) and then my blaster will start to over heat the muffler gets red....I checked the reeds and the look fine but just to b safe i bought new ones and put the on also redid the mixure cleaned the carbs the only thing I could think of is that the timing is of the quad was running fine before I ha to replace the pistin any ideas.

running lean. leakdown test, and compression test

you may have just fried your brand new top end

uhmmmmm.. after reading your post, I have to ask.... you do realise that whether you have the stock silencer (steel) or aftermarket (aluminum) that to generate enough heat for it to glow red, your entire piston would be a molten slab of aluminum in the bottom of the case......... what you are stating is PHYSICALY IMPOSSIBLE.

uhmmmmm.. after reading your post, I have to ask.... you do realise that whether you have the stock silencer (steel) or aftermarket (aluminum) that to generate enough heat for it to glow red, your entire piston would be a molten slab of aluminum in the bottom of the case......... what you are stating is PHYSICALY IMPOSSIBLE.

our beater 85 200s had 2" of the header glowin red in the garage once,.... still runs great