Blaster A arm assistance please !

blasterbrian

Mar 17, 2016
Hello im looking to get alba or asr arms cant decide my ball joints are like brand new and the bottem one ripped off and broke pin lol, yes in fifth wot. I first wanna know are albas junk... They have no grease fittings and im not about to test my luck drilling them.... 2nd i wanna know do i have to convert to banshee spindles to not use a heim joint with the asr arms, and last i wanna know do 03 plus brakes fit the banshee spindles or will i need banshee brakes. I just want a set of a arms to last me for ever and im not shelling out 400 cad for albas or 800 cad for asr if im better off sticking with stock.
For all the people who wanna see what has caused me the last 9 days of physical, brusied ribs and very emotional pain ,no riding :( i will post pics in the morning of the arm close up

Really what the heck is that okay ?

Will the arms not get tired and worn out and have to replace bushings more often ?

Ive come to then conclusion that spaces are dangerours caused my ball joint to much stress and ripped right out destroying threads and broke the pin wtf....

it happened to me to without spacers/on stock a-arms/ball joint's.
it bent my frame and hurt my wrist......
and i was only in 2nd gear
you were in 5th ouch that had to hurt bado_O

And i guess that was the only thing stopping mw from getting albas ill prob getthem to bee riding quicker n i wont have to get long travel shocks

Broken rib and lump coming out my back lol sucks
I should prob check my frame i hope its not messed looks fine, i can get two older ones for 40 but i have a 2005 or 2006, so ill prob just grab them and alba arms the other problem is that spacer for top alba a arms i messaged company and they say its never failed

Last edited:
IMO Albas are junk. I can's stand that junk azz spacer they use, no grease zerks means cheap components, Plus alba builds nothing. Its all farmed out so they will tell you what you want to hear. I do like the asr arms and I run the heim joint style and have had great success.

IMO Albas are junk. I can's stand that junk azz spacer they use, no grease zerks means cheap components, Plus alba builds nothing. Its all farmed out so they will tell you what you want to hear. I do like the asr arms and I run the heim joint style and have had great success.
Okay sweet how man thank you how about the asr arms having no grease fittings? I thought the albas were junk but i only really ride trails but jump alot

On american stars (asr) website they show only there a-arms coming with heim joints. They don't have grease fittings as they come with new bushings and use a delrin type material that has lubrication properties built in. You will reuse your 03+ spindles with the asr arms.

It seems lately alot of ball joints and tie rod ends are coming without grease zerks installed. Must be cheaper overseas manufacturing. You can drill these out and use a zerk without issues.

And do i need long travel shocks or should i get standard travel and upgrade shocks later? Prob cheaper yes and drilling may make a weak point they dont want it coming back on them, lawsuits and stuff imo

Wow .74 to our $1. I better go buy a bunch pf canadian money in hopes it goes back up so I can cash in! lol Lt or standard travel is up to you. I opted for long travel. One thing I will say is whatever you decide to do, do not use another stock yfz shock, etc Get a nice set of works,elkas,pep, etc and never look back.

Wow .74 to our $1. I better go buy a bunch pf canadian money in hopes it goes back up so I can cash in! lol Lt or standard travel is up to you. I opted for long travel. One thing I will say is whatever you decide to do, do not use another stock yfz shock, etc Get a nice set of works,elkas,pep, etc and never look back.
Yes sir i would haha jk but i think standard travel because i cant aford shocks at the same time :(