Blaster 2 days old and it's in pieces

Kyle626

Feb 11, 2010
Mastic, ny
Picked up a blaster 2 days ago. Now the entire motor is ripped apart and parts ordered on the way. Motor cases are getting cleaned and sand blasted tomorrow along with the cylinder head and side cover. It has ported and polish head, full fmf exhaust, 36mm keihin carb, advanced stator. Anything to do or any other little tricks I should do while I have it all opened? I ordered complete seal kit, new clutch, air filter pre oiled, and a complete stainless steel hardware kit.

Ditch the FMF & grab a smaller carb. If you plan on going all out and a full force drag bike, keep the 36. Otherwise, drop to a 30MM

Nothing wrong with the fmf pipe . Get a stock or a 28mm pwk carb. Get some good reeds . Get the head re chambered and redesigned . Best mod you can do for $60-70 bucks . Advancing the timing isn't needed go back to stock . Maybe a vito's or hot rods crank while it's torn apart . Will need the cases clearance for the longer stroke . Also make sure it's leak free before you fire it up . Use stock yamaha base and head gaskets . Not the $hitty green paper gaskets

Reactions: Kyle626