Bike kinda bogs

Nov 25, 2017
New Jersey
It kicks and all that stuff but when underload it don’t wanna get into powerband.
That being said I haven’t changed the oil in 2 rides and or the spark plug and those were 2 serious rides. Other then that she runs lol. Could it be a spark plug issue or a air leak?

Air leak would be hanging revs or run away engine. At what throttle position is it ? In all gears?
Might be better to down shift. What kind of oil are you using that you think it needs to be changed so soon?

It happens in all gears but some reason it cleared up yesterday but I didn’t have the bike running much just a few wheelies before it rained. BelRay 80W.
I’ll break it down today if the weather clears.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to clean the carb, might have sucked some dirt through that hole?
Already 2 steps ahead of you dude and bought a new screw as well. My only concern is if it will back out again. I follower the tors eliminate video down to a T. Idk why I backed out this will be my second Vito’s screw for carb. Would you have any suggestions or anyone have any? Be nice to have it more then 1 ride lol.

Reactions: Awk08
If it doesn't have a lock nut get one. When desired rpm is achieved hold screw, tighten lock nut. Consider a bit of blue locktite for nut. Is area where nut sits flat?

Already 2 steps ahead of you dude and bought a new screw as well. My only concern is if it will back out again. I follower the tors eliminate video down to a T. Idk why I backed out this will be my second Vito’s screw for carb. Would you have any suggestions or anyone have any? Be nice to have it more then 1 ride lol.

it only took that Vito's screw one ride to work it's way out, I took my carb to the dealer and they matched up an unknown idle screw with the bigger thumb nut on the end and the spring that hold it in place with tension. changes can be made without tools, I've even reached down and gave it a little turn on the fly :)

similar to this one for the banshee which is the same carb.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Car...ash=item2cc0d0cff7:g:7QMAAOSwiCRUdfKC&vxp=mtr

If it doesn't have a lock nut get one. When desired rpm is achieved hold screw, tighten lock nut. Consider a bit of blue locktite for nut. Is area where nut sits flat?
As flat as I can safely make it. Lol I didn’t want to HuLK it and be left with a main jet left in my hand. Knowing me it was possible but I kept saying nice and easy. Lol so I’ll try that locktite idea.

it only took that Vito's screw one ride to work it's way out, I took my carb to the dealer and they matched up an unknown idle screw with the bigger thumb nut on the end and the spring that hold it in place with tension. changes can be made without tools, I've even reached down and gave it a little turn on the fly :)

similar to this one for the banshee which is the same carb.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Car...ash=item2cc0d0cff7:g:7QMAAOSwiCRUdfKC&vxp=mtr
The screw I just bought has a spring I don’t believe that the other one had a spring on it maybe that was why no pressure on screw but and bolt?