bigger jets??

ina

Aug 18, 2017
my blaster runs really rough when its cold and dies when it gets warmed up.I jetted it from a 260 to a 280 becuase ill be riding in -5 to -10 degrees celcius.I thought maybe the jets were clogged but i cleaned both of them out and it doesnt make a difference.bore is stock size,fmf exhaust,K&N air filter and boyesen reeds.Will jetting it bigger make a difference? maybe a #300 or so?.

doesnt dropping the needle clip make it even leaner??? or is it that when you move it up???

Kind of misspoke. The needle is in the emulsion tube/main jet holder.
You can also get washers to raise or lower the needle a half step.
Check Carb Parts Warehouse , Jets are Us , Sudco.
NOT the hardware store :rolleyes:.

ok so i installed a 310 main and problem solved.only problem now is at top speed it cuts out like its out of fuel.This only happens in 6th gear wide open.If I let off the throttle for a bit and then punch it again it works great for a few seconds then dies again. It also did that when i had a 280 main jet in.Would that be due to incorrect float height?

Check float level,, fuel petcock filter, tank cap and vent. If cap rattes it's good.

Pull fuel line off carb and let it empty into a jar or can, watching for slowdown or stopage. I would not ride until you figure it out. You're risking a lean meltdown.