Bigger carb or just a jet kit?

B

bluestang

Im to the point where i need to upgrade my stock carb. Trenga racing sells a 34mm flat side for $169. Is that too much carb for a lightly modified blaster? I do have plans to add displacement in the near future. For the time being, would it just be better to add a jet kit to go with my exhaust, air filter and reeds?

---> side note: What benefit would i get from milling my head down a little bit, and how much?

Thanks guys.

uhhm..the carb/jetkit decision is up to you..but u will need to rejet if u do a whole lot..thats really the major part of your decision....

milling your head down increases your compression, i have mine milled .020, it runs pretty good...just if u go up to like 165compression or somthin like that u need to run race gas (.020 IS NOT in need of race gas)

Last edited:
---> side note: What benefit would i get from milling my head down a little bit, and how much?

Slight increase of performance. Thus effecting the torque, HP, and acceleration.

More power would come from higher octane gas, as it burns better, thus increasing HP. Also, it has been known that Lucas Oil addictives gain HP. If you can get a racing cam and possibly a forged rod, crank, and chrome rings, you could turn that into a beast.

I didn't think blasters/two strokes had cams...hmm... but who else has heard that the trenga 34mm flat sides are junk? Im going to buy a bigger carb since i want to do a 240 kit this summer. Ill gladly spend the money and do it right the first time...

Thanks to everyone for their input.

man jet kits is a scam go bigger carb ,i say 28mm kehine is the way to go ,and if you do work in your engine well you can get the carb ported to 30mm wich will be fine with most 240 kits out there!!

hehehe 2 stroke cam thats new to me ,can someone can come to my home i will open my engine and PLEASE show me were the cam is , cause thats probabely why i cant go faster than a yfz450, mmmmm nah sorry man!! i was just playing with ya(oscaryu1) 2 stroke dont have cam or timing chain or rocker 2 stroke is the more basic engine out there!!! well happy holidays anyway!!

well i was gonna suggest welding the cam on the front bumper for a ramrod...hehehe j/k

hahah, nice one bluestang...

anyways..oscaryu... GET YOUR *INFO* STRAIGHT B4 YOU GO AND TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. Mixed up 4 stoke w/ 2 stroke. Meh, I only work on 4's :D

haha, alright man we were just messing with ya...EXCEPT WHERE I SAID " get your *INFO* straight" because that wasn't messing..because if we have misleading info that can give us all a bad name, so b4 you say something your not sure of, ask..but yeah

for the most part we were just messing with ya so yeah

haha, alright man we were just messing with ya...EXCEPT WHERE I SAID " get your *info* straight" because that wasn't messing..because if we have misleading info that can give us all a bad name, so b4 you say something your not sure of, ask..but yeah

for the most part we were just messing with ya so yeah

Don't worry, you already got a bad name. Me messing it up won't do it any worse. Just poor, childish, mean posts show me the way you are. Merry Christmas! :)

hospitality
STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GO AND TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO. :)
. I didn't mean to show how much of a bad person I was.

Anyways, I accept your apology, with a few words, Jabez, I'll kick your butt tomorrow, as for the rest of you, I'd be careful from now on. Especially with leaving your IP hanging around...