big bear new topend no compression

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
we put a new topend on my buddies bigbear 400 last night fixed some of the problems it had and they put it toghter today after i set the timing and it has 0 compression and they cant figure out why the timing is right im leaning toward the head gasket no being tourked right any ideas

Well I went over there and pulled the head off and he turned the adjuster soo Mutch that the exhaust valve was open a 1/8 of an inch and the gap on the compression rings were on top of one another so after 2 hours of tinkering with it it started

Well I went over there and pulled the head off and he turned the adjuster soo Mutch that the exhaust valve was open a 1/8 of an inch and the gap on the compression rings were on top of one another so after 2 hours of tinkering with it it started

good save man !
I knew it had to be timing or a valve hanging open, even burnt up it shoulda shown some compression.

Well it's gotanother problem now it wants to run away at idle after I left they finished putting the snorkel on and the plastic and stuff like that and it will sit there and idle then it just starts idling up and starts revving really high just sitting there soon as he sends me a video of it doing it I'll post it up but I have no clue about it

I know but Christmas comes a lot earlier here , Santa has been and gone, ages ago.

Made no difference though , still got sod all, and by myself for the first time in 71 years, so I cancelled Christmas this year!

I know it has gas and we're gonna put the carb off of my Kodak and intake boot and put it on his and see if it makes a diffrence