Beat by a honda CR80

tripplec89

I have a nice blaster runs great I have basic mods fmf exhaust, vforce reeds, removed airbox cover, jetted to 360, 14-40 sprockets, 20" rear tires but I still have stock bore size and its not ported. but today I raced a completely stock honda CR-80 dirtbike. Its two stroke but only 80cc. I weigh 180 and he weighs 120lbs. When we raced he totally destroyed me the honda was faster on every gear kicking my butt. My question is: If I buy a Vitos 240 big bore kit and a 34mm carb would I still lose to this little kiddy toy?:eek:

that 360 main is killing your top end, thats way too large and prolly smokin like the skeeter killing truck at full throttle
you should be somewhere around 270-300 main
unless that huge main is masking an airleak

Reactions: Goldfox_32
80s an 85 are high strung always on the pipe! They run amazing off the line you should be getting him up top thats where i outran my buddys kx 85 he dusted me off the line but i got him l8r down the strech..

The stock jetting is 330 correct? so even taking off the airbox cover I should make the jet smaller? also I live in florida hot and humid

hot and humid doesnt have as much to do with jetting as your elevation does, which in FLA. is almost/sea level = richer main
do a plug chop to confirm your jetting................

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

edit...now i see you say it's a 260, not 360 ?
i'd say your running lean, better plug chop, i'm guessing around a 290/300 for your mods and elevation

Ok I found my collection of jets I have 250-300. Im running a 260 right now tomorrow Im gunna try the 280 and go from there. my blaster feels great I have a decent amount of white smoke and plug usually looks pretty black but I have noticed that in VERY LOW RPM if you give it FULL throttle you sometimes get a random misfire also in the Very Top of 6th gear It sometimes has a random misfire. Like it NEEDS more fuel

I will defiantly do some plug chops! and Ill get a leakdown tester anyways just for the heck of it but it doesnt feel abnormally rich or lean and misfire is only under EXTREME load at low rpm. I just feel I could be a little finer tuned. Would the same leakdown tester for the blaster also work on a yamaha yz250?

beat'n by a CR80???? damn dude.....you need to now just hand off your blaster to the first kid you see and then go immediately join a Dungeons n Dragons club. Your motorsports license has been permanenty revoked!

JK man....welcome to the forum. I hope you get that thing running better and that nobody captured your loss on camera.....

Reactions: Goldfox_32
Lol I'm just picked up a '01 cr80 for my little buddy so he would be able to keep up on the trails.
IMHO mod for mod they should be pretty close with the edge to the 80 when both are stock, and the edge to the blaster if both are built.
But these little bikes (<---Edit : i meant the blaster here, i consider atvs as motorcycles as well) are pretty easy to work on and has aftermarket support so large, that you can build it for nearly any purpose.
All the information is here, enjoy!

Last edited: