b8es vs bR8es?

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Outlawed Genetics, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Outlawed Genetics

Outlawed Genetics New Member

on my girls blaster when i use bR8es plugs it backfires and sputters and all sorts of stuff but with even a old used b8es it runs like a champ. any ideas?
  2. Awk08

Awk08 Moderator Staff Member Technician Forum Supporter

Electrician/Contractor
    doesn't the "r" stand for resistor?, and don't they cut down the voltage? = less spark?
    anyone??, this is like the 3rd person recently askin about this br8 plug, where you guys gettin these and why??? the manual calls for a B8ES, not BR
  3. wrench man

wrench man New Member

The resistor actually enhances the spark, there is a split in the use of what plug the Blasters use, some use a resistor plug and some have resistor cap, if you use both it will cut the spark to crap!, I have the resistor cap on mine and if I use the BR8ES it runs like crap!

Everyone thinks the resistor is for "radio interference", that's TOTAL BS!, resistor or spiral core wire is for radio interference, the solid wire on the Blasters will still make noise on your radios regardless of the cap or plug!
  4. diesel

diesel New Member

Engineering Technician III
    That matches what a performance shop (FTZ) told me on 250R ignition. If you have the resistor cap, run a regular plug. If you have a resistor plug, run a regular plug cap. I don't know how to tell the difference in plug wires/caps, but it matches what the guy above me posted, so it must be right.
  5. Awk08

Awk08 Moderator Staff Member Technician Forum Supporter

Electrician/Contractor
    ok thats starting to make sense, is there a way to tell if you have a resistor cap, i've had 2 blasters a 96(8yrs.) and now my '01, and the b8es has run good in both, and who cares about radio interference on a quad???, maybe a car
  6. wrench man

wrench man New Member

I ordered one of each and IIRC they had the part #'s on them, some searching should tell you the difference?

BUT!, I'd just measure it with an ohm meter.
  7. dharbeck

dharbeck New Member

the 03+ do call for a BR8es in the owners manual oh yeah NAPA usually stocks them both