another rant thread....

2g00d4u

Apr 22, 2010
Smithville, ON, Canada
So I went out riding by myself last night, I went down a trail right by my house about half way and turned back, the beginning of it is very rough, so I saw a trail that goes down into the ditch and into a field that is just weeds, so I go down there, and follow the side of the trail down to the road, and start down the paved stretch to my street. A white dodge ram comes around the corner and cuts me off and almost forces me into the ditch, I stop and 2 guys get out, I asked them what the f*ck their problem was, the one guy is a total lunatic and grabs my helmet and starts on this rant that he's told me before to stay out of that field, I still have no idea who he is or what he's talking about, he tells me that if I go through there again he wants to fight me then call the police. His buddy was cool and just said 'yea don't go through there' and asked where I lived (I made something up of course) so I got out of there in a hurry as soon as I had an opportunity to squeeze out and went back to my house.

The thing is, there is no signs at all that say not to go in there, it's a clear ATV trail that obviously a lot of people use, and there's nothing to stop anyone from going in there. Under Ontario law, if he called the police, they would have told him all those things about how his property should be marked, and he would probably have been arrested for assault, The most I could have gotten was a $65 fine, paid on the spot or within 14 days (only if he could prove somehow that I was illegally trespassing). I see where he's coming from that it's his land and everything, but approaching the situation in a less ahole like manner than he did would save me wanting to get even now and I probably would be more inclined to hear him out.

Needless to say, If I see him again anywhere it won't be pleasant, I'm bringing my hunting knife with me when I go riding now. If I wasn't by myself things would have turned out quite differently, my friends would have had no patience like I did and just jumped him as soon as he touched one of us.

anyway. /life story

Lol, wow. I'd say these a-holes have what's coming to them the next time they come after you. I had a similar thing happen to us (my buddies and I) last year. The thing was, we were on our OWN property. The land belongs to one of the guys in our group. Anyhow, the cops showed up from out of nowhere, nearly causing one of us to wreck in the process, and asked us what we were doing. Some neighbor had complained. They wouldn't even believe that my friend actually owned the land until he threatened to go get the deed and stick it in their faces. And these were cops! Idiots.

Long story short, nothing happened and the complaining neighbor just has to get used to us or move. Still, people these days. No common sense. I understand that riding in the dead of the night when people are trying to sleep is just plain disrespectful, but as long as you're ripping around at a reasonable hour like you and we were, people just need to chill.

I would keep the knife at home. That will get you in more trouble then it's worth. Let the guy beat the crap out of you and sue his ass off.

as he grabbed my helmet, i would have had a handfull of his nads and a handfull of throttle at the same time

Bwahahahahaha, Awk...you and nuts, I swear... :eek::D

well apparently he was still on his bike, which would put zero power behind a punch, being seated at gooch level only leaves one option !!!!!!

Lol, wow. I'd say these a-holes have what's coming to them the next time they come after you. I had a similar thing happen to us (my buddies and I) last year. The thing was, we were on our OWN property. The land belongs to one of the guys in our group. Anyhow, the cops showed up from out of nowhere, nearly causing one of us to wreck in the process, and asked us what we were doing. Some neighbor had complained. They wouldn't even believe that my friend actually owned the land until he threatened to go get the deed and stick it in their faces. And these were cops! Idiots.

Long story short, nothing happened and the complaining neighbor just has to get used to us or move. Still, people these days. No common sense. I understand that riding in the dead of the night when people are trying to sleep is just plain disrespectful, but as long as you're ripping around at a reasonable hour like you and we were, people just need to chill.

I hear ya man, Just because people ride ATVs, they are instantly the problem in the view of the cops, and people in the area, even though, in my situation there, and in pretty much all I have ever been in with the cops, I have the legal high ground. prejudice........

Gotta love it when people ruin your day for nothing.

Seriously sounds like an identical story that happened to me a few years ago, but he didn't have the guts to touch anyone because there was 3 of us. I don't understand what people get out of being d-bags...

Seriously sounds like an identical story that happened to me a few years ago, but he didn't have the guts to touch anyone because there was 3 of us. I don't understand what people get out of being d-bags...

i told him about our wonderful encounters with our friend on by drew

exactly! if I was with others it would have been that way though, I doubt anyone is stupid enough to pick a fight with 1 person infront of that persons friends lol (but I'm not sure about this guy, he was pretty stupid)

exactly! if I was with others it would have been that way though, I doubt anyone is stupid enough to pick a fight with 1 person infront of that persons friends lol (but I'm not sure about this guy, he was pretty stupid)

There is sadly a large amount of stupid people in this world. I seem to be a magnet to them nowadays...

had something like this happen a couple of years ago to me and my cousin.

a guy that lives next to us has about 8 acres of property he let us ride on if we did all of the land maintenance for him (he is 90+ years old).... so me and my cousins were out cutting down some trees. and on the way back we were going super slow in 1st gear because we had our chainsaws with us, and his neighbor runs up and pulls my cousin off of his blaster by the face guard of his helmet and jumps on top of him....
I hopped off of my blaster and fired up my chainsaw and took off towards him. I have never seen a fat man run so fast lol...

a guy that lives next to us has about 8 acres of property he let us ride on if we did all of the land maintenance for him (he is 90+ years old).... so me and my cousins were out cutting down some trees. and on the way back we were going super slow in 1st gear because we had our chainsaws with us, and his neighbor runs up and pulls my cousin off of his blaster by the face guard of his helmet and jumps on top of him....
I hopped off of my blaster and fired up my chainsaw and took off towards him. I have never seen a fat man run so fast lol...

sorry but that's hilarious lmao

That's winning better than Charlie Sheen himself...

I ride in the consumers energy hydro line fields behind my house and I share that with crazy hunters and rednecks that say it's their land haha. Im just waiting for the day for one of them to stop me and try and threaten me off the land because im "scaring the game away" haha.