Another homemade swingarm

Put sum paint on the a-arms so they don't rust & set things together to see what it looks like. Wish I had measured stock but didn't have stock shocks without springs so I really don't know where I stand. LOL. The stock holes are still there so I'm safe :)

swingarm009.jpg

Bottom of travel:
swingarm005.jpg

Top of travel:
swingarm006.jpg

On it's springs:
swingarm002.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth. Can't tell till ya ride & no riding till it's heart transplant is complete. Just threw enough parts back on so it looked like a quad for pix. Think the rear will be good. Need shock work in the front so it will sag a bit & not bottom out. I'm optimistic.
Sorry bout the noise, it's rainin hard :)
First my vid was squeezed tall & skinny on Photobucket. Now it's squished all flat on Youtube. Just can't figure it out. LOL....
Burp...

Last edited by a moderator:
lookin good otis! i don't feel so bad about when i sit on mine now lol. can't wait to get a ride report

we'll see how it goes, i'm thinking about getting another frame and doing some kind of motor swap, and building suspension for it...it'd be a fun little project

what did you do to the a arms

Used the same idea as in the rear to locate new lower shock mount holes. Don't have to move them much to make a difference in travel. Can't get as much as if they where extended but most peeps don't want to be cuttin & weldin on their expensive a-arms. Just playin around causing thinking. :)

IMHO:
Y'all gotta keep in mind that everything's a compromise. If yur flat trackin or ridin the streets you don't want a bunch of travel. If yur drag racin ya hardly need any. Our dunes that we kinda race up tend to form woops at the base. If ya can stay in it, shift & not get bucked off through the woops then ya got a better chance. Gotta have suspension. For our loggin roads ya need sum suspension to hammer the waterbars but ya don't wanna be sittin way up in the air for corners. Don't just believe what ya read. Think about how you ride before ya mess with yur suspension. :)

lookin good man! From the piks I guessin minimum of 10" travel in the back. Just from looking at how it moved when you pushed and sat on it, take some preload off the spring in the back, it should sag a bit more when you sit on it, befor the first ride, crank the rebound way up, these setups need a good bit of rebound dampening. Its much easier to soften the rebound if it starts packing up then to get launched over the bars.

Also remeber what I have mentioned about riding style, move up an center yourself on the bike, dont hang off the back. when you hit the whoops at the base of the dune, lean back a LITTLE and accelerate. It will probably take a couple rides to really adapt the new riding style, dial it in an find the sweet spot, but once you do you will be wondering how you ever rode it before.

Really nice work!!!

I'm makin up a retro hot rod black & flames graphic set for the old Blasty build since the seat cover already has flames.... LOL... Frame, swingarm & fenders are being repainted black. How bout this for the swingarm.....burp

swingarmflames1f.jpg

Reactions: phragle
very nice otis! +rep for you, and it looks like you gave our Suspension Jedi Master some recognition too!

ROFLMAO at the sticker!! post another pik so we can see how the mount works/bolts up..

LOL.. this build's always been bout learning & fun. We're working on a no drill/no weld, bolt on version of this for the 400ex shock to a stock Blaster arm. We'll test it on our other Blaster before I say any more bout that but I think lots of peeps could use it.

chainguide005.jpg