Another homemade swingarm

YZ Otis

Sep 24, 2007
Oregon coast
Been a bunch of swingarm buildin goin on so I'll share mine. Our Blaster's down for upgrades and one of the changes is suspension. Built it a couple years ago from 2 arms but now changed the shock mount & cleaned it up a bit. Here's the arm set up for ex400 shock. I used Phragle's info to locate mount holes so I can experiment. Doin the same kinda thing on the a-arms but they ain't painted yet :) Be awhile till I get this thing all together to test it.

Before:
Blasterswingarm1a.jpg

Now:
swingarm006.jpg

swingarm005.jpg

Was thinkin since there's quite a few of us with ex400 shocks, someone might come up with the optimum location for the lower mount. Mine won't be finished for awhile but maybe someone else will find that sweet spot first. By putting the mounts inside the shock yoke there's room to get the bolt in. Shock can be drilled for bushings to make a nice installation.
Just fuelin the fire :)
Burp...

dude that thing is sweet looking,so clean..realllllyyyy nice. If i had a blasty still id deff want one done. Welds look great,not all gummy like ive seen..

i made a couple little acrylic bushings for my 250r shock...its pretty easy to do

If ya know anyone with a lathe they're easy to make. Just make some extra so you can change them out. It's not a big surface area so something like delrin will wear kinda quick.

yeah, allen head bolt and small nut to hold it and put it in the chuck....then find something to shave it

otis my man lol...awesome job, i love the inside mount idea, that should stabilize that bottom mount perfectly, great job bud!.. have lotsa green lol

otis my man lol...awesome job, i love the inside mount idea, that should stabilize that bottom mount perfectly, great job bud!.. have lotsa green lol

Thanks man, the inside mount was for bolt clearance. Now I can set up long travel for the dunes & shorten/tighten it up for log roads :)