Aftermarket Carburetor Cap and Idle Screw Install

Good write up....thank you!

I did this mod last week using the over-priced kit bought off of ebay. My kit came with a Vito's throttle cable and here's my recomendation if you use this same cable:

The 2 rubber dust protectors that come with the Vito's cable are really too small. So I used the stock dust protector from the thumb-throttle side of my old cable for the new cable's thumb-throttle side.

Next, discard the small dust protector that comes on the carburator-cap side of the new Vito's cable. Then take the bigger sized dust protector you removed from the thumb-throttle side of the new Vito's cable and swap it over to the carburator-cap side of this new cable.

Good luck!

bumbping this because I got my kit a few minutes ago (ups NEVER shows up to my house befor 6pm, EVER lol) and will probably have questions and I'm on my girlfriends pc so cant bookmark :)

What was the size of the drill bit and tap (thread pitch as well)?
Both should be marked with this info,
thx

bumbping this because I got my kit a few minutes ago (ups NEVER shows up to my house befor 6pm, EVER lol) and will probably have questions and I'm on my girlfriends pc so cant bookmark :)

Might want to give this thread a sticky...hint, hint. Glad to still see people being helped by this info!

nice write up plan on doing this when i get my blasty out of the shop along with ssome other mods
STICKY!!!

I just finished doing this to my daughters blaster, but I can't get it to idle now. I tried filing the hole down a lot more, but didn't seem to work. Any ideas of how much I must grind off?
Thanks
Brandon

I just finished doing this to my daughters blaster, but I can't get it to idle now. I tried filing the hole down a lot more, but didn't seem to work. Any ideas of how much I must grind off?
Thanks
Brandon

You may have to look to see if the screw is lifting the slide.

You may also have to thin out the nut if possible to make the screw reach.

Thanks

Some seem to be different, my brothers we barely took some off, my old one i took a lot off, and my current one i had to use the dremal. Mine is shorter than the carb bowl.

Also, the screws can and do vary in length. I ground off a ton to use one, then switched it with one that was longer and didnt need it ground down so much.

ok, good stuff.
Blaaster...when you say "You may have to look to see if the screw is lifting the slide." Can you try to explain a little deeper into that? when I turn the screw, it should be hitting the slide, causing it to lift, allowing more fuel?

Thx
Brandon

The end of the screw should protrude into the carb body and lift the slide to allow air and fuel to mix with the charge supplied by the idle circuit.

Make sure the air screw is turned out 1 1/2 turns before you try to adjust idle setting.

Thanks Blaaster. After you described it, it made sense. I do some more grinding on this bad boy and get my girl riding again.

Thanks again
Brandon