AFTER TODAY: I mix my gas! thnx to all!!

smoke20

Apr 12, 2009
Redneckburg, Arkansas
i installed my oil-pump block off kit today. i would like to thank everybody that has posted directions on installing a kit. yours was better than what came with the kit.I:I took about an hour(taking my time), filled case with bel-ray gear saver, mixed royal purple with new gas, and then i was hauling ass!!! to anybody that hasn't install an oil pump block off kit,....do it!!! it's piece of mind knowing that part won't fail. once again thanks to all that have done it before, and posted it here. my next project is that TORS thing. what are the benefits to doing away with it?

The main reason for doing away with the tors is the same as doing a block off kit, reliability. The tors tends to mess up and when it does, the plug won't get any spark and then your walking.
Congrats on getting your block of kit installed

dennis kirk is where i got the royal purple. and yes its a little high (but ive seen other oils that were higher) and the local o'reillys can order it with no shipping. i decided on r-p because i run it in all my other rigs(truck,old lady's ride, etc) its good stuff!!! as far as noticing a difference, i contibute it (again) to the royal purple. it seemed to rev quicker. i'm a firm believer in synthetic oils. i don't think the bel-ray gearsaver is synthetic, but it seems to be the right stuff to run. on the TORS i've seen kits that do away with it, what is the best?

no, no power gains really. i mean, you're reducing drag on the crank, but that little pump barely puts any resistance on the crank at all. it's even got a plastic drive gear!
removing the injection pump doesn't in any way increase horse power or torque, the only thing you might gain is a slightly (i mean by a smurf hair) lightened crank. it might wind up a little more freely, but not enough to notice. you'd have to put her on a dyno to see the difference and even then, you'd barely be able to tell.