add a jetting topic???

samolia

Jul 13, 2008
Alger, Michigan
ok now i really thought about this one and i know it could be covered in the engine section but we are constantly getting questions about jetting...
now if we had a whole section just for jetting (we all know how important jetting is for these machines so why not give jetting its own section) i think it could help out alot of people and when noobs come in here looking for jetting help instead of asking what to do they will see that topic and look (i know i would)

I:IblasterforumI:I

If you add a "Carb" section, I personally think it would be the same section as "engine", BUT, maybe add a sub-forum to the engine section....maybe just carberutor <<spell

not trying to get off topic but i think there should be a sub-form for every topic covered under engine like exhaust, carb, big bore, small bore, etc u know to address all topics covered by the engine section and this might also might be done to the other broad topics like suspension, body, miscellaneous

Sub forums might make it a lot easier for you to navigate the forum and find what you are looking for, too...

If you add a "Carb" section, I personally think it would be the same section as "engine", BUT, maybe add a sub-forum to the engine section....maybe just carberutor <<spell

Would that still require a jetting setting though? Or would that be part of the Engine>Carburetor section?

I don't think sub forums would be necessary on this site. They're annoying to try to sift through to find the information which you're looking for.
Having a Carb/jetting section would be nice but there are already stickies for plug chops, jet sizes and the like.

^ I dont agree beacuse you have new people whom overload the dang engine section. SO i would think a carburetor sub forum would be a great idea. Not only becuse of the new people, you could organize the site a little more also,

It's worthless, even when asking a pro the same people not even real techs post. I in fact didn't get a single tech but had a few members who knew atleast what they were talking about post suggestions. Then a few I had to correct. I did this, to get a starting point, and I had more of an idea of what to do then some who posted. people will post and help blow up your motor as they already do not abide by threads such as ask a pro. I could be wrong and just didnt get my thread noticed, but at this time I am convinced that it is a pointless forum topic.

I'll solve the debate. You want jetting suggestions. Start where you know it's rich and work your way down in size while doing plug chops. Thats really the best advice you can give for jetting a two-stroke.