a lil help maybe?

96blaster

Aug 4, 2008
Well i just bought my first 4 wheeler. it's a 96 blaster. competely stock looks like it came out of the factory yesterday. i was so happy to finaly find one in good condition best of all i paid 500 bucks for it. i got it from an old man who bought it brand new. rode it till 99 had the motor rebuilt and has papers to prove it. Then 3 months after he had it rebuilt he couldn't ride it anymore so it sat from 99 till august 2nd 2008 when i brought it home. lucky me he was smart enough to drain all the gas out. my question is before i take it out and play with it is there anything i should do? I'm goin replace the spark plug for the hell of it. I have 89 octane gas mixture 32.1.....anything i should do maybe tranny fluid? would it hurt if i ran a little sea foam in the gas and sprayed a little in the carb while idleing? it says safe for two strokes and i know how good it cleaned out my 91 s-10 4.3 v6 motor. so i figured a little bit cant hurt it? i'll try and get picture of it. any help is great THANKS GUYS!

deff change the spark plug, change the tranny fluid, clean the carb good, check the electrical, make sure all the bolts are torqued properly, fresh gas, and then just have a good time

if its completely stock, you don't need to mix your gas and oil, since the oil injection system is still hooked up.

i actually checked all the bolts and stuff like that. inless when he had the motor rebuilt they took off thw oil injection but he told me from the day he bought it he was told to mix the gas. i double checked and there is no pump. I'm goin clean the carb real well when i put the toomey on it and the jet kit. thats why i was asknig bout the sea foam intill i get time to take it off and give it a real good cleaning. Thanks for the help guys! cant wait for saturday so i can get out and ride