99 blaster

Keystone

Feb 22, 2016
I bought my 99 blaster around 4 years ago for $900. It's been a great wheeler. I have had too many problems with it other the rings going bad because of the oil tank. Then I had the chain break and busted my engine case. I found another engine the needed a need piston on Craigslist for $50. The guy had alot of extra stock and aftermarket parts. I ended up leaving there with the motor, extra carb, DG nerfs, and FMF muffler.

Then I let it sit for a year at my parents house and kinda forgot about it since I've been working on a LS swap in my 84 camaro. Well while I was out at my parents house I dug it out of the corner of my parents garage and decided to bring it to my house.

Parts I already have

DG nerfs

FMF muffler

Tusk handle bars

Pro motion throttle cable with tors delete

Boyesen reeds

Chain and sprockets

UNI air filter

Oil injection delete mix at 32:1

Tors delete

Parts I need

Clutch cable

Rear tires

Awk rear brakes

Banshee/yfz front brakes

Future plans

+3 stroker crank

Kor ported cylinder and head mod

HD clutch

+2 a arms

+1 or +2 swingarm

Banshee axle

Aluminum airbox

Tusk bumper

Bigger carb?

Advance timing?

Now for pics

All loaded up to go home in back of my purple Sonoma

Nerfs and pipe

Thanks. Yea I do have a big build planned. I plan on buying another blaster and building the motor so I can keep riding my quad.

I haven't got much more done to the blaster other than getting my new handle bars on and started cleaning the carb. Is there away to bypass the ignition switch? Mine is broke from when my brother in law broke the key off. Also I should be sending my cylinder off to Ken in a couple of weeks for boring and porting It needs bored and the shop closes to me has bad reviews.

I haven't got much more done to the blaster other than getting my new handle bars on and started cleaning the carb. Is there away to bypass the ignition switch? Mine is broke from when my brother in law broke the key off. Also I should be sending my cylinder off to Ken in a couple of weeks for boring and porting It needs bored and the shop closes to me has bad reviews.

To bypass the ignition switch, just disconnect it. It works by grounding out the ignition when turned off. By disconnecting it, you remove the ground and the circuit is always open and ready.

Finally got some parts. Picked up a intake boot, Douglas red label wheels with 18x11x10 ITP holeshot tires and and rear brake system for $90 all together.

The rear brake system is a brake caliper from a Nissan car. I'm not sure what the master cylinder is from though. I figured for $10 it was worth a try.

Now for pics

Wheels and tires (wheels need to be cleaned)

Brake system