'89 transfer to '02 Frame

Schmed

Jun 3, 2017
hi, will motor, wheels, electric, controls, etc transfer cleanly from a 1989 Blaster to a 2002 frame ? I have the chance to get a registered frame (2002) from a friend, but have a 1989 bike.

everything is a straight up swap, only difference is the '02 frame will have the upper brackets 1/2 way up the sloped frame section behind the pegs for the heelgaurd mounts

everything is a straight up swap, only difference is the '02 frame will have the upper brackets 1/2 way up the sloped frame section behind the pegs for the heelgaurd mounts
Thanks Bro, a big help. Some dik sold me an '89 and said it was a 2001, it is a clean VIN. Just cannot register. You only learn this sh*t after a cop gives you 4 tickets ;) He did not give me bill of sale and I want to register. I have the chance to get a registered 02 frame, and reg xferred to me. All components are perfect on the '89 great motor and tranny, I want to register and insure.
What is the complication caused by the upper brackets, effed healguard ? No biggie, I'm handy and my uncle has an awesome set of tools.

Last edited:
Let me start this off as first, I am a complete tool for not verifying what I bought, you know, buy first quad for son, don't worry about consequences, give $$ away to make son happy, I am guilty of the same sh*t with others. Sold '91 Wrangler, would have taken 2 Grand, guy offers 4, and happy day, karma is a biotch.
Some dickbag sold me an '89, told me it was an '01, after getting 4 tickets from cops, my son busted test riding, gave me 4 tiks, no ref, no ins, over by minor, etc. he had to look up vin, he put wrong one, I finally decoded, comes up clean, but to my surprise an '89, square headlight also big giveaway. It runs great, motor and tranny are in great condition. The guy changed the plastics. Needs new front tires, dry rot. He got me for $700, if I knew was an '89, would not have went past $300. On top of this, douchebag me never gave me a bill of sale, so impossible to register, need bill of sale from previous in NY state. Vin is clean on various sites, at least it is not hot. Some dude around me is selling a registered '02 frame, so thinking of buying that, and that would be that. NY state, so nothing is easy when it comes to motor sports and guns.
Mods, you can kill dupe thread in misc.

Last edited:
No complications, as far as I knew 88/89's lacked heelgaurds, the 02 frame has the mounts and will allow you to run stock metal heelgaurds or any aftermarket gauds or Nerf bars.

Thread moved ;)

No complications, as far as I knew 88/89's lacked heelgaurds, the 02 frame has the mounts and will allow you to run stock metal heelgaurds or any aftermarket gauds or Nerf bars.

Thread moved ;)
Thanks bro, great site.