72mm piston.

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
What are all the 240 piston options. Specificaly 72mm. Whats the best one?

I believe the wossner and vitos are both forged pistons. Vitos buys pistons from wiseco. At least the last I knew they did. Wossner is a high quality piston as well.

The first vitos link posted for the forged piston is for a stock cylinder resleeved to a big bore. Works fine in that application but not in the vitos 240 bb jug. The second vitos link posted for the cast piston is for the vitos 240 bb cylinder with the 12 port design. You would have to call vitos but I believe the piston pin height is different along with other things. The wossner pistons are good pistons also. They are more designed for the ct cylinders but will work in a vitos bb cylinder. One of the main differences being that there is no intake bridge on the wossner piston, open intake bridge like the ct cylinder. I run both pistons you are speaking of.

Piston ring pin will be no issue on either of them? What is the diff between the 12 port and the sleeve cyl? Port heights? I got a Vitos 240 jug and am looking for a good piston without hitting the pocket to hard. Also is a rechamberd Vitos head on the 240 a good idea, or just have a stock blaster head recut/rechamberd to a 240.

You would need the cast piston for that vitos bb cylinder. Or run a wossner. That vitos piston also is a newer design and there is no timing notch on them anymore. I belive the mai difference is pin height. Ill have to find out to be for sure. Nothing wrong with cutting that bb cylinder head or a stock head. One in the same once you open it up to accept 72mm. Not many cheaper options out there. Unless you want to throw a used wossner piston with new rings in it. I have plenty of used p0 wossner pistons kicking around if you wanted to go that route.

I remember seeing a 240 piston with a cutout. That make sense now why I seen it and cant find it...

Question, my piston reads 7227a does that mean my bore 72mm ? I'm stumped but , if not I will get my bore measures thanks

Is that the numbers on the piston? You can even measure with a tape measure and post pics and we should be able to tell if it is a 72mm (240) and a pic of the cylinder would also help.

Is that the numbers on the piston? You can even measure with a tape measure and post pics and we should be able to tell if it is a 72mm (240) and a pic of the cylinder would also help.

I just cleaned off real good. Ther are also numbers in center of piston last 4 numbers are 6700. So I'm guessing 67mm. Thanks for your help

Reactions: jus_me