400ex rear shock

pudvah

I just wanna rip.
Mar 6, 2015
Griswold, Connecticut
I'm going to buy a 400ex rear shock once I get a response to this question, so question is
Do I need to buy one with the Linkage? or do I use the blaster linkage and can buy just the shock because they have both on ebay.

Watch Ken's video he has on it. Shows you exactly how and what you need. I haven't put mine on but if I remember the video I don't think you need the ex linkage but I'd watch his video to double check.

ya I have watched the viseo a few times he just shows how to install it to the frame because he doesn't actually havbe a swing arm on the quad he uses. I think im going to buy one with the linkage just in case but I really think it bolts right up to the baster.

Oh yeah, forgot he doesn't have the swing arm. Been a while since I watched it. I'm assuming though that since you are drilling out the bottom holes on the shock, that is to make it fit on the blaster parts on the swing arm.

He does mention toward the end (7:15) where he says it doesn't have the swing arm so he wont go any further, that it just bolts up to the blaster with the holes drilled out.

I can't answer that but I would like to know as well because I got an 07 shock so I hope it works. I would think they are the same. Never heard of them changing sizes but I'm not positive.

I just looked on ebay real quick, they all looked the same up to the '09 I saw.
just be sure the resivior is centered on the shock, the 450r's have an offset resivior and require some cutting of the frame tab and plastics to fit.
the 400ex bolts right on with kens bushings, if the bottom needs drilled (it's been quite a while and I forget) be sure to use the exactly correct drill bit for that bolt, any slop will multiply quickly and start flopping around.

Reactions: pudvah