35psi compression after rebuild

Boostwhipped

Jun 11, 2017
Just did a full rebuild on my blaster motor. Weisco crank, new bearings, weisco piston everything new. The bearing I had alot of trouble with so I took it to a local shop had them pressed in could feel alittle resistance when spinning the crank but after trying twice with 2 sets of brand new bearings I figured that's just how it is. Anyways I got it all back together had it honed at a local shop ran it for probably 30 min ran great and then parked it for a few days came back it started then died and now I only have 35psi of compression took the top end back off and I don't see anything wrong. Anybody have any ideas what I did wrong or what's wrong with the motor?

It was suppose to be honed to spec. I gave the guy the piston and paperwork when I took it in and he said he barley do it but he got it so not sure.
Going to try a leak down test today I made my own tester

Reeds are good they look brand new no cracks and stiff. Crank seals are brand new and they were a tight fit took me awhile to get them in

Did a leak down test today pumped it up to 8psi dropped to 6psi in 5 min. Sprayed soapy water didn't see any leaks

Check the seams on the case, the intake boot.

Check the leak tester too. I've had fittings on mine piss air out, and drove myself crazy looking for a non existent leak.

I found one leak!! Coming from my plug on the exhaust but that wouldn't have anything to do with my problem. If it's holding that good and only leak I find is my plus that's not there during running what does that mean? Bad rings and need to buy a new piston and bore it out?

If it checked out leak wise, I'd say something is out with the Piston , rings, and bore. If they are all in spec, a fresh top end will make 120psi+ of compression.

It needs measured a special way by a compentent shop. Call up KOR and see what Ken will charge you to get it tightened up.

I emailed Ken and haven't heard back from him yet but I've talked to him before he seems like a very nice guy and willing to help people.
And speedyslyder you have no idea!!! I've been working on this for 3 months now almost junked it all a few times but I'm stubborn and don't give up easy

Reactions: speedyslyder
Even after all this I've been thinking about buying another blaster sense by the time I have this one done I'll know everything about them lol

Lol true and I'm a smaller guy so it fits me pretty good wish it was alittle quicker but I still like it