350 Warrior Oil In Air Box ?

bubba813

Apr 12, 2011
I Have a Yamaha 350 Warrior 2003 I Was Driving It But When I Got Done I Put It In Garage & Notice Oil Was Leaking & It was Coming From Air Box I Took Off Seat Found Oil In Air Box. It Was Coming From Vent From The Case Hooked To Airbox Lid Any Help Why Its Doing This ? Or Whats The Cause ?

You may have some ring blowby causing crankase pressurisation, forcing oil up the breather tube.

I am not familiar with the Warrior but is there some type of valve arrangment where the vent hose goes into the case.

If there is it would be a PCV and may need cleaning, to make it do its job.

my grandfather's grizzally did the same hing ones, and got into the carb, wouldent start. but the oil u see is motor oil i think. not trannny oil. bu yea as blaaster said, u put to much oil in the engine, and it got pushed to the airbox. just drain out the oil, clean the carb, and replace the oil in the engine with new, and the correct oil. if it doesent work, then its the tranny oil. i not complety sure what it was because both oils on his quad never get changed. so there both black.

my grandfather's grizzally did the same hing ones, and got into the carb, wouldent start. but the oil u see is motor oil i think. not trannny oil. bu yea as blaaster said, u put to much oil in the engine, and it got pushed to the airbox. just drain out the oil, clean the carb, and replace the oil in the engine with new, and the correct oil. if it doesent work, then its the tranny oil. i not complety sure what it was because both oils on his quad never get changed. so there both black.

News to me, when did I say that. /\ /\ /\ /\:-/

I used to own a Warrior. First be sure the engine isn't overfilled with oil. That's the most common reason for having oil blow out the breather line. The crankcase and gearbox on a Warrior share the same oil (unlike on a TRX 450r where crankcase and gearbox are separate), so there is only one fill, drain, and check point. The dipstick is on the RH side of the engine, in front of the reverse lever. Use motorcycle-certified (OK for wet clutch use) 10w-40 oil.

If the oil level is too high, drain it off until it drops back down to normal. If this isnt the problem, check the crankcase breather itself. It has a one-way check valve that can get gummed up and stick open, causing this issue.

Still not the problem? Time for a cylinder leakdown test. Worn piston rings, as mentioned before, and/or a leaking head gasket will cause oil to be driven out the breather.

If you have to do a top end rebuild, it is easy enough to do on a Warrior. The engine doesn't have to come out, and the only thing you have to watch out for is valve timing (upon reassembly) and all the 'O' rings in there (6 or 8 are used, I believe).

OH, and when checking your oil, dunk the dipstick and pull it back out to take a reading. DO NOT screw it down and unscrew it again to take your reading.

You may have some ring blowby causing crankase pressurisation, forcing oil up the breather tube.
I am not familiar with the Warrior but is there some type of valve arrangment where the vent hose goes into the case.

If there is it would be a PCV and may need cleaning, to make it do its job.

News to me, when did I say that. /\ /\ /\ /\:-/

kinda what u said....

kinda what u said....

I said pressurised crankcase, not too much oil.

But that will cause the problem as well.

The one way check valve is to control Positive crankase ventilation. PCV.

If this valve is gummed up it will allow oil to be sucked up into the air box.

Alright I Started Fourwheeler It Started Fine Went About Half Mile It was Running Fine Then Turn Around To Come Back It Started acting up Spitting Sputtering & cutting Out & Oil Was in Air Box. It Starts Fine every Day but take Down Road Come Back It Acts Up. What Dose That Mean ?

check the parking brake for proper adjustment, and make sure it's not sticking. it is a saftey so you can't ride it with the p brake applied.

if there is oil inthe airbox, it is most likley going into the carb, and into the cylinder. do wht i said before, and drain the engine oil, and refill with the proper amount. same with tranny. idk if they share the same oil

Ok start the warrior and pull the crankcase vent tube off of the airbox. If there is smoke coming out you have blowby. If you have blowby it is time for a topend overhaul