250r ot 400ex shock

S

SoloVRT61

Im looking in to swaping rear shocks..I hear the 250r is the easiet fit and is a nice upgrade..the 400ex is a good upgrade too but air modding is needed..What i wnat to know if what one do you guys thing i should go with..I want a softer impact when i land of any kinda of jump..Also what kinda of atv is the 250r? and what year model should i be looking to get these shocks of off? thanks guys..I have the chance to get a 04 400ex shock for a good deal..will it work? amd can i get by with heating my air box with a heat gun and melting it to fit the resi? or does it need to be cut??

Last edited by a moderator:
well i had a 250r shock but it raised the back up 3 inches and i got it with no compression lol i got f*cked on ebay

hey matey i am going for a suzuki ltz 400 rear shock same as 400ex rear shock all you have to do is heat up your airbox and bend up a bit so the resi will fit and make a custom upper brushing and thats it lol

the 250r shock as the be drilled out to fit i think and they are older so not as good condition

hey matey i am going for a suzuki ltz 400 rear shock same as 400ex rear shock all you have to do is heat up your airbox and bend up a bit so the resi will fit and make a custom upper brushing and thats it lol

the 250r shock as the be drilled out to fit i think and they are older so not as good condition

How much bending do i need to do with the air box? I just want to make sure its nothing rediculous...

Im also wondering if it matters what year 400ex it comes off of?

ahh i would rather get a blaster aftermarket shock that is made for a blaster
just my thought

I believe the 250r shock has to be 1986 or newer. The 1985 and older are 3 inches longer. I am not positive on the years but I am sure that there are different ones.

ahh, yes if u are on a budget its fine to use different shocks, sorry i forgot to type that in my previous mesage

I believe the 250r shock has to be 1986 or newer. The 1985 and older are 3 inches longer. I am not positive on the years but I am sure that there are different ones.
I read a big write up on a guy who did this..im pretty sure your years are right. He said the 86 and newer were 1.5 inches longer. He got his shortened and revalved for like 150 and showed pictures after it was done. When he sat on his it sat at the same height a stock blaster sits with no rider.

I thinnk im more intrested in the 400ex shock at this point..if anybody has any infp that they can share..it would sure help.. Like fittment..what year model 400ex shock is needed..and such..thanks..

lol same i am after a suzuli ltz 400 rear shock but i don't think you have to bend the airbox too much but i am not sure as a mate told me i think its been discused on PB, anyway i will be mounting one up soon, unless i find a shock that just bolts stright on but i will let you know how it works out