240 needs help

BackWoods17

Feb 28, 2017
vitos 240, fmf fatty, uni pod clamp on,vitos billet reed cage. im running a 310 main, stock piolt and one clip up from stock. if i go lean i have great throttle response but i lose on top but if i go fatter it has great top and no bottom.

clamp on pods are known to cause jetting headaches at anything but full throttle, better to run a 4" - 6" pipe between carb and filter to allow the air time to straighten out

tune from the bottom up, not play with just the main jet first.

* set/check float height
* tune airscrew for highest idle to determine what pilot is needed, re-tune airscrew
* drop needle clip until it rich bogs at 1/2 throttle, then back up one clip position or until it just starts pulling hard, you can also 1/2 throttle plug chop to tune the needle/clip positions
(your "one clip up from stock" leaned the needle circut, drop the clip to richen it ! )
* plug chops for main jet only after the above are done. I'd buy 290 thru 330 mains for your setup, start large and plug chop down.

most of those have sticky "how to" threads in the carb section here. read and learn them....or boom :(