2006 blaster with wider durablue axle.

Scott Pepple

Mar 1, 2015
I bought this 06 blaster, and it has a wider durablue rear axle. The hubs look to be stock Yamaha hubs with new hub nuts...well both hubs slide back and forth because they're not the right hubs, the same for the sprocket hub, it doesn't have a stop nut or anything, what are the correct parts I need?

Pictures would help us

the axle locking nut you can order from basically anywhere (the nut by the sprocket)

the hub nuts are sometimes different. aftermarket axles generally come with them and sometimes different spacers you may be missing

here ya go.
KIMG0124_zpsreh6mjmu.jpg

KIMG0125_zps5fsrvy86.jpg

I'm not sure cause I've never dealt with those axles, but it looks like it's in backwards. The sprocket side is suppose to have the threads to put lock nuts on.

your missing the spacers for the axle they come with 3 different sized ones to adjust the width.

as for the sprocket I have a tusk adjustable and my sprocket goes that way. theres a big c clip that goes in that groove that the lock nut locks up against

your missing the spacers for the axle they come with 3 different sized ones to adjust the width.

as for the sprocket I have a tusk adjustable and my sprocket goes that way. theres a big c clip that goes in that groove that the lock nut locks up against
The locknut obviously doesn't screw on then?

ok, so with this being said, do I have to go through durablue to get these parts or do other companies make them that interchange?

At the wheel hub, there's spacers missing. At the sprocket hub, you're missing the very special nut and snap ring that costs about $70. It's a 2 piece nut. The inner piece has splines on the inside and threads on the outside. The outer piece has threads on the inside and wrench flats on the outside. The inner piece goes against the snap ring. When you turn the outer piece it tightens against the sprocket hub. There is also a snap ring an collar on the brake side.

upload_2015-6-15_8-36-21.jpeg

the c clip goes on then the inner piece slide onto the splines and the outer locking nut screws onto the inner piece and tighten up against that c clip to the sprocket hub

Do you have the correct collar on the brake side? I'm pretty sure there are 2 different collars. One that goes next to the bearing for the 88-02 floating disc and a different one that goes outside the brake hub for the 03-06 fixed disc.

Do you have the correct collar on the brake side? I'm pretty sure there are 2 different collars. One that goes next to the bearing for the 88-02 floating disc and a different one that goes outside the brake hub for the 03-06 fixed disc.
Do you have a picture of brake collars, I think I have something missing