2003 Blaster

Thrillbilly

Nov 6, 2013
My first post, and first quad. Owed a guy $600 for some work he did on tug I use to move airplanes with, I traded a 1991 KDX250, for the work and this blaster, I figure the bike wasn't worth much so I probably did ok. Total pile when I got it, hole in bottom of case (had it tigged), missing many parts, no rear brake. It has DMC Alien exhaust on it, came that way. Broke it down:

Engine: Bored and rechambered, vito's two stage reeds, koso 30mm carb (for now at least)

Frame: I made an airbox/ toolbox from aluminum, aircraft duct for airbox to carb, still working on rear fenders, trimmed front fenders, removed all uneeded wiring. Put a twist throttle on it. Relocated headlight, killswitch, and lightswitch. Reworked hood. Painted everything (close to monster drink can colors). Homemade grab bar. New tires, currently about double inflated I figure do that till i get it out to tune carb, to let beads seat. Did mods to fit a rear brake caliper off a yfz450, still gotta make a plate to keep dirt out of removed parking brake. 13/41 sprockets standard chain. Homemade skid plates.

Aircraft fittings for oil drain.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

I have a prob with high rev, did a leak check yesterday, leaking at reeds, sealed it, will check again monday, hopefully that got it.