2000 Custom Blaster FS Il. $1150

royalpane

Jul 14, 2008
Chicago Il.
www.myspace.com
I bought this quad about a month and a half ago as a project to build for my girlfriend when we go to the dunes. The guy I bought it from said there was only a minor problem with the clutch and provided me with the part to fix it. What he didn't tell me was that the part he gave me was not the right part. I tracked down all new seals for it, a new gasket kit, carburetor rebuild kit, along with an entire new clutch set up ( basket, clutch boss, plates, springs, bolts, etc...) to replace the one thats in there thats probably still good. Point is, I bought it for a quick project to build and bring on vacation and now I've run out of time and cash to build it. Im starting a new job and this is just going to sit.

After all the work I did it now has good compression, you couldnt push the kick starter down before. New head gasket installed with a newer, used, stock bore piston and head. The crank was told to be new when i bought it but wasnt, now it is a newer set up off of an 02 that wrecked with less than an hour on the rebuild. Like I said If I had the time to finish this I would but I've put almost as much money into it as i did buying it in the first place and I cant put anymore into it just to let it sit around.

Quad has a custom paint job with true flame airbrushed graphics. They look great and were only used in car shows from what i was told... I havn't ridden it thats for sure. There is a small chip next to the handlebars where the light bracket rubbed against it. Its been touched up and you cant even notice it now. The frame, swingarm, bumper and grab bar, along with foot pegs, and arms, have all been power coated black. There ae some small chips but nothing a paint pen wouldnt fix. The seat has also been recovered with a crushed velvet material but looks to have an orange leather cover underneath it if thats not your style. The springs have also been painted orange to match the graphics

Has douglas blue labels that are practically brand new and the stock tires that have about 50% left on them. along with a newer rear brake rotor and pads. Brakes work great I sat on it when I rolled it in and out of my garage and off my truck and it stops on a dime. It comes with a DG exhaust can and a Pro Circuit pipe along with the stock Pipe thats still on the quad. I was never given all of the hardware so you might have to make a few trips to the store to match it up or do what i was going to do and get a full set off ebay and just redo the entire thing.

Im sure from this point out it could be an easy fix for someone that has more knowledge with Blasters, I build custom sportbikes, or just more time to go through and give it a once over with all the new gaskets I will provide with the sale.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to set up a time to come look at it. I would like to get it out of here asap to free up some funds so there is a little bit of flex in my asking price but not much considering the work I've already done to get it to this point.

Quad is located right outside of Chicago... 60455 if you want to look it up on mapquest

$1150 OBO

PICS ARENT WORKING RIGHT NOW but i have tons and can take more if your interested... message me if you want some with an email, Ill try to get pics up again in a little while.

bump for pictures and a price drop - $1000 takes it or it goes on ebay

flame2.jpg

flame1.jpg

BUMP - $900... this week so I dont have to bother with ebay funds... im sure you could take what you want and part it out and make back more than im asking. Dont have the time to do it myself or i would.

sorry blaster sold on saturday... small loss but had to let it go due to the new job and having no time to work on it. look for parts to come including an unopened toomey b1 exhaust (full kit) and a bored and honed head .20 over with brand new weisco piston