1988 Yamaha Warrior

dharbeck

Dec 13, 2007
NE
Anybody know what a 1988 Warrior is worth? It just needs front plastics and carb work. This guy wants to sell it to me for $500.00. Is it worth it????

What do you think I could resell it for if I fixed it up?

THANKS!!

theres a 02 warrior in the paper here in montgomery ny for 2100$ id say sumone will buy it for 1900$

if you lie and say u dont know what year the warrior is and that u got it from inheretance or sumthing make sum bull sh*t story you could get 900$ easy if it doesnt look like sh*t

maybe more!

I wouldn't expect it to sell for much more than $750 unless you really get it looking good. Warrior prices have really dropped lately, especially on the older ones. I just sold my 2001 with a good list of aftermarket parts for $2,000. That was to a buddy, but I probably couldn't have gotten much more than that elsewhere.

i bet u could get 1-2grand out of it if u make it look nice guys eat those things up around here i know most people dont like 4strokes but face it the warrior is a hellva fourwheeler u can beat the living sh*t out of them and they never die..By far they are one of the best 4 strokes built in there time

i rode a 89 warrior that just had a pipe o it and the thing ripped, i rode it in some gravel pits for a day cause my dirtbike was too squirly, those warriors are great, i was getting a warrior or a blaster and i happened to find a blaster first

I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't bashing the warrior. All you gotta do is mention the word on the other blaster forums and you get trampled on if you try to defend it. This site isn't anything like project blaster and those other ones.

They are great machines, when you think about it they were the king of the 4 strokes for over 10 years, until honda came out with the 400ex and even with those advances in technology the warrior could still hang with it easy enough. It's been 22 years since they were first built and they're still using almost the exact same design as the original, they just made it look like a bastardized raptor now.

I know I took mine to hell and back and it still runs strong. I even took it 3rd gear pinned off the top of a hill climb, flew about 40 feet and landed bumper first in a ditch full of sharp rocks. - rode it home and just had to replace a bent tie rod end and twisted steering stem, and of course that bumper was never quite right after that. I have a feeling if I did the same with the raptor i'd have bigger issues like a twisted frame.

Good point i think they are making quads out of junk now compared to what they were..My nephews raptor 08 maybe rode 10times if that he tipped it over on a little hill and it bent the whole steering stem into the gastank..And for another issue the clutch on the damn thing is junk..i doubt if there is 8 hours on it total..i dont really bash 4strokes i just dont ride them i prefer 2 always have but the warrior was king of the 4strokes for along time..

My buddy has a warrior... Alli have to say is BEAST!!!!!! That bike is a tank for$500.00 take itwork on it and sell it for more! I love my Blasty but the Warrior is a great 4stroke!!