1988 yamaha blaster

sonny73

May 2, 2010
akron
Well i bought a used stock cylinder, head , piston and rings off of a guy in cleveland. I put them on and two kicks and it fired right up. This is after midway yamaha told me my cam was bad. I guess that they just wanted to take me for a grand. I am laughing last. I have a total of 200.00 in my blaster now and it runs. It still spits and sputters a little, but i am giong to clean the carb, and check air filter. Also, the bike ran like crap until it blew the second half of the exhaust off. Maybe my muffler is clogged, or something. If anyone has any helpful hints write me at erentzfamily@aol.com. I can never find anything i write.

Wow your atv looks good. mine is just original yellow frame with blue plastic. Yes i have been riding it everyday no problems.

Yeah, you did tell them it was a Blaster right? Two stoke? Those guys are idiots! The only cam in a Blaster is the shift cam and it has nothing to do with the engine firing up. DUH!

yes it isw a blaster. I just uploaded pics of it on my profile i have no clue how to make it show by my name.

Dude, do you know the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stoke? I'm not saying your dumb, dont get me wrong, you sound like your talking about a 4 stroke though. The only oil you have to be concerned about weight on is the transmission oil. Fuel oil has no weight. I use 10-40 Yamalube in my trans. There are no cams in a 2 strokes either, what did your shop check.

I was talking about the transmission oil as it is a 2 stroke blaster. They just looked at the piston and rings. they tried to con me. I also have a slight problem it runs good if it is choked, but sputters if you take off the choke and will not idle. When it is open up, it runs fine. it is just at a low idle it sputters. I am thinking og cleaning out the carb. I already put a new filter and fuel filter on it. Any help ?

Either a dirty carb or your jet and settings are off. I guess you have messed with the idle screw? Dont know what carb you have but the idle screw is a air adjustment, not fuel. If you open up the screw you will increase air flow and lean engine out. Besides that, get us carb info, (jet, needle height, ect...)

No i have not adjusted anything yet. It is the stock carb. i bought this bike used a couple of months ago. thank you for the help. I am going to take it off and clean it.