14 Tooth Sprocket problem

T

tkidder

I am trying to put the new sprocket on and when all in place, the chain is hitting the guard right above it behind the plastic guard. Why? Same size chain, but bigger sprocket. I have searched and nobody seems to have this problem.

Do I need to grind it out? There is another problem. I CANNOT get my screws off the cover, the heads are all starting to strip, so I just stopped.

HELP

1. go to sears and get yourself an impact driver ($15) and a rubber mallet ($10)

2. place impact driver into screw and smack the end of it with the mallet. the screws will come out as long as there is something still left for the bit to grab on to. the impact will force the bit into the screw and the way the driver is designed will make it twist the bit at the same time that it gets hit. its the best thing in teh world for stripped screws and hex heads.

the only time i have heard anything about the chain/front sprocket issue is if you go bigger than 14 tooth. did you get teh wrong part? have you actually counted the teeth of the sprocket to verify its the right size? if so, pics would help us solve your problem.

yea i use the 14 tooth sproket, howd u strip the bolts, did u use standard sockets? myne is tight but it fits, i dont think any thing bigger would fit.

iv seen ppl cut that little plastic guard that covers the front sprocket.. i think it looks cool with it cut off if u have a nice new chrome sprocket and a colored chain hah yeah

u can use vice grips on the screws, thats what i did when they stripped.or do what valhalla said.

i had to cut my guard on the inside there is some thicker material you want to get rid of.