03+ brakes on 1998

Sep 24, 2013
Ok so i just got a 98 blaster and the brakes completely suck. I was wondering if anyone has put 03 + brakes on their older Blaster? Any help would be great.

Reactions: Awk08
Yes. You need 03+ front spindles. From there you can run blaster, banshee hubs and calipers. Maybe even other models. You can use pretty much any yamaha sport atv master cylinder. The rear brakes are different however.

yeah i was talking about the rears i think if i wanted to do the fronts i could just buy the set up off of 03 and up blaster

sure, quite a few of us put hydro brakes on our pre 03 blasters.

for fronts you'll need the complete 03+ front setup including the spindles,

or get the ken oconnor racing conversion spindles @ kenoconnorracing.com (blaster parts)
and most any raptor, banshee, warrior hydro parts to piece together a set-up for less than complete 03+ stuff.
like this..........

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/low-buck-front-hydros.20811/

for rears, depending on your fabrication skills, you can use 03+ blaster or banshee/rappy/yfz rear hydro parts,
weld on mounts for the master and caliper, or swap to 03+ blaster carrier/axle.

or message me for info on my ready to bolt on rear set-up :)

sure, quite a few of us put hydro brakes on our pre 03 blasters.

for fronts you'll need the complete 03+ front setup including the spindles,

or get the ken oconnor racing conversion spindles @ kenoconnorracing.com (blaster parts)
and most any raptor, banshee, warrior hydro parts to piece together a set-up for less than complete 03+ stuff.
like this..........

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/low-buck-front-hydros.20811/

for rears, depending on your fabrication skills, you can use 03+ blaster or banshee/rappy/yfz rear hydro parts,
weld on mounts for the master and caliper, or swap to 03+ blaster carrier/axle.

or message me for info on my ready to bolt on rear set-up :)

i may want a rear kit .. can you PM price? i cant seem to figure out how to PM ppl