How To Remove Your TORS (03-06 models)

PikledBeats

Apr 19, 2010
Idaho
THIS IS FOR 03-06 BLASTERS ONLY ... THERE IS ALREADY A 20+ PAGE THREAD ON REMOVAL FOR OLDER MODELS.

So, When doing my build I had to remove TORS on my 03-06 blaster. I looked on here and other than a few descriptions I could not find a definitive explanation with pics so here it is.

The TORS unit on the 03-06 is built into the ECU, so it cannot be fully removed ... it is very easy however to send a loopback signal to the ECU to fool it into thinking the TORS is still installed so aftermarket carbs etc. can be installed.

Step 1 - Locate and unplug the two following connectors.

The first is under the hood and can be found by following down the wires from the thumb throttle, It looks like this -

2lwoeag.jpg

You will find the second, If you trace the wires coming out of the TORS unit located on the top of your carb. It is pictured here - (already unplugged)

2vxhpi0.jpg

At this point you can unplug both connectors. You will be left with what is pictured above.

You can now remove the wires and switch from within the thumb throttle you will not need them.

You do not need to remove anything from the TORS unit itself (located on top of carb) unless you want too. If so, you will need a new carb cap, idle screw (with drill and tap) a file or mill to straighten air screw hole and a new throttle cable). It is suggested you do this, and you can buy a kit with all necessary items here. I will not cover this as the kit comes with full instructions.
Blaster tors eliminator kit W/ Idle screw kit 88-2006 | eBay

So back to the TORS. Now that you have both connectors unplugged you will need to cut them off (connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side)

You will have two wires (black and yellow) left with no connector. one set under hood, one set under seat. Once again, make sure you have cut the connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side.

Lastly, strip the ends of the wires and splice the yellow and black wires together where they have been cut. (you must splice both sets).

Here is what you should have - (hood side shown only, though you must also splice rear set)
2lvzd3q.jpg

At this point I would suggest you solder them for good connection and then cap them. If doing quickly you can just tape em off after splicing.

You have now fooled the TORS within the ECU into thinking the connection is made even though it is not. You can leave the TORS unit on top of your carb unplugged with no problems, but it is highly suggested you buy a removal kit located in the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, thx guys hopefully it will get stickied, it is long overdo.

And thx for the comment on my quad, It is finally done and after about two weeks of tuning and having some other issues non-related that came up this summer it is finally time for me to finish my build thread. I was hoping to post pics these last couple weeks but it didnt happen so soon.

Back on topic though........sticky stickyI:I

Reactions: EvilElvis
quick question, when you say cut the ecu side not throttle or carb side, im a little confused, so i wouldnt cut the parts still attached to the throttle or carb its just the connecting wires to them?

i think what you getting at is the splicing of the wires? in this case you must splice the wires running into the control box. its no use splicing the wires at the switch cause the ecu cant detect that, if you do the ecu side wires, tho box reads it as the switch permanantly on

i think what you getting at is the splicing of the wires? in this case you must splice the wires running into the control box. its no use splicing the wires at the switch cause the ecu cant detect that, if you do the ecu side wires, tho box reads it as the switch permanantly on

Correct, it is the ECU you are fooling into thinking that the tors is still plugged in. You cut the connector that comes from the ecu side and splice the wires. No need to do anything with the wires left coming from the tors unit.

I'm new to the blaster forum. Why is the tors thing y'all are talking about what does it do. I have an 05 blaster for my little bro

Hi there,

I know this is an old post but I'd appreciate some advice regarding TORS removal from a 2003 Blaster.

If you can have a look at that and tell me if it is actually the tors system or can you suggest anything else before I start cutting wires!

If it is the tors, I was wondering which side is the ECU side, I got it for the under the hood wire but for the other one under the seat I'm not sure.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5919088947899592498&oid=115542237699479564057

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5919088908110946354&oid=115542237699479564057

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Preston